1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Appeal: 76561198040511411 - (Smoothie / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Smooth1e, Aug 7, 2014.

1. Smooth1e

Smooth1e New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40122841
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198040511411 (Smoothie)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I use only my account, my brother has account too buy I'm not using it.​

Appeal description:
    Hello, this is Smoothie.
    2 and a half years ago I did a 2$ scam (Gift Wrap) I was 13 and a half years old and i can only blame myself for doing it (now im 16), as you can see in this link below:
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198040511411-dtb-❄-smoothie.605/
    I scammed an innocent TF2 player who wanted to buy my item which not tradeabele, he wanted to give me a gift wrap so i will wrap it for him and give it to him for some keys. I took him gift wrap and run away, like a little kid.

Now I came back to trades and I wated to clean this bad thing i did in the past. Today I contacted with the player and I told him how much im sorry and I returned the Gift Wrap to him, here is the proof:
    [​IMG]

He said that he could write here that I as a symbol of thank.

So, Why should you delete this tag?
    • I was a little kid and now I grew older.
    • I repayed to the player I scammed.
    • I swear that I wont do it again, you can have my word.
    • This is a 2$ scam and I think it is a forgiveabele scam (if the player I scammed forgived me anybody can).
    So I hope that you will check the things and write back if you can delete this tag from my profile.

Many Thanks,
    Smoothie.​
  2. AlmightyNoob

AlmightyNoob New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42099298
    [​IMG]
    Proof of trade

I be fair I forgot about this gift wrap scam long ago, not until he readded me and asked for forgiveness
    he gave me back the stolen gift wrap,
    I heard his story and we`ve all made stupid mistakes before, besides a 2$ scammer tag? that pretty cheap
    He gave me back the gift wrap after 2 years, even tho i had forgotten all about it, i honestly think he deserves his tag removed
    He seems like a decent guy, he learned his mistakes, dont we all deserve a second chance here and there? Sure it a tf2 scam but its bloody gift wrap not some high tier god unusual

Hope for the best
    -Thealmightynoob
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Tho you repaid this one user, it was not in a timely manor, in the report it also indicates your inventory had 20ish giftwraps, presumably from scamming many others in this manor. Please explain.
  4. Smooth1e

Smooth1e New User

Steam:
    Hey, Thank you for answering!
    First, I really forgot because it was 3 years ago so I checked my trade history to see if i really scammed 20 people and I saw there that I did it only to this 1 user, who is "thealmightyoob" whose I payed him back. Although I saw that I had 4 Gift Wraps in general I cant see the owners of it, here is a screenshot of those trades in my trade history: http://i.imgur.com/JigFjdE.png , and there is nothing besides those about gift wraps.
    Second, I really think that im grown up now and not the kid I once was. Im 18 now, not 14 as I used to be 4 years ago, I know what I should and shouldnt do. Moreover, I dont have time for those things, I just want to open a new page and to play like everyone when I have free time from school.
    I hope you find it true and my guilt will be taken off.
    Smoothie :) .
  5. Smooth1e

Smooth1e New User

Steam:
  6. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hello @Smooth1e, I have reviewed the original report and appeal and have decided to downgrade your appeal to a caution based on the following:

- confirmed repayment
    - lack of evidence of further scams
    - no additional scam reports since tag applied
    - length of time appeal has been pending

Please be aware that if any further evidence comes to light or you are reported again in future, you may be retagged.