1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

PSA: SweetStakes.TF Refuses to Fix Glitch preventing item withdrawing

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Rosalina, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    ToS for Sweetstakes.tf allow them to take 5% from every pot. ToS also state that at any time we may withdraw our items. Only issue is that myself and a significant number of other users are unable to withdraw items. Currently their lack of diligence has made it so that we are unable to withdraw. I have 800 keys stuck into my account and there are other users with significantly more. Having this glitch not only harms us, but allows for them to profit... People who have items in their account are obviously more likely to continue gambling, so by gambling users are just giving Geel and the SS staff more profit that they don't deserve. They make so much money off of this site, yet refuse to fix this glitch.

Some people have been unable to withdraw their items for well over 2 weeks now.

Frankly it's absurd.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Where does it say that the owners of this site refuse to fix an issue that is causing people to lose something?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. ApplePie Veteran

ApplePie Veteran New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:33431784
    I got thousands of keys stuck in there, please fix this! I also want to know why no1's answering to my support tickets, one have been pending for over 5weeks. I got 4 tickets pending, please answer them and unban me from chat.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Steamrep is NOT sweetstakes. tf nor do we have any relationship with them, so we cannot assist you in any of your sweetstakes. tf issues.
    Please contact sweetstakes. tf for your sweetstakes. tf issues.
  5. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    But it is a near scam, given that ToS state you can withdraw, yet due to our inability to do so, they are able to essentially take our money via fees.
  6. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Still haven't seen any evidence somewhere yet, but if that's the case, then goddamn. Interested to see what happens.
  7. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    Check their TOS or the pot histories. The evidence that they can and DO tax items is right in front of you
  8. Ninja Otter With A Taco

Ninja Otter With A Taco Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:35378805
    Just FYI, if they say they had terms which you agreed to that said "we can take 5% of any winnings" then they're allowed to do that. Also, from what you're saying they only take the 5% if you enter a pot. If you can't get your items out of the site due to a bug, but then decide to gamble using the items you can't get out that isnt their fault. You just need to try and contact their staff and see what they're trying to do to correct the situation, the only time I could see them doing anything wrong is if they just suddenly took your items.
  9. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    I have had numerous people talk to staff on my behalf. Both of the staff members said they can do nothing to fix it. Also, it's not easily for most to quit a gambling addiction, so yes. It is basically a scam that they won't let you withdraw to stop.
  10. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    I should also add that no one replies to support tickets. There are individuals who have put support tickets in for this issue 3 weeks ago with no reply.
  11. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    If you are unable to withdraw your items from the site, then I would expect there to be a chat log or screenshot of the exact quote where someone said "we can do nothing to fix it" or whatever they said...I don't agree with everything they've ever done over there, but at the same time something to bring some validity to the claims would be nice as well.
  12. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Only the coders can fix any bug on that site, and the owners research this with their coders (if those aren't the same), so you need to contact those.

Did their staff contact those about this?
  13. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    Squiggy, a chat moderator, on the site says it will not be fixed for another 3 months, at least.

The person my friend spoke to is named Retro, he is a tickets admin on the site. Apparently he said he can do nothing to help the error and that he doesn't know when it will ever be fixed. Of course, Geel doesn't help anyone. These issues NEVER happen on the CSGO betting sites.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Don't make statements about CSGO betting sites... I've seen several topics here regarding those.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  15. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    They have other issues. But not this one.
  16. Roudydogg1

SteamRep Admin:
    Ah, I get it, so a staff member belonging to a different department said he himself couldn't fix it. All starting to come together :rolleyes:
  17. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Notes:

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  18. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
  19. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    UPDATE: All users now receive this error message when trying to withdraw Withdrawing items is temporarily disabled while we look into an issue. As a result, no one can withdraw, although I assume this is the glitch being patched.
  20. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    A scam would be stealing your item, ie refusing to return them. Having a glitch - an innocent mistake in computer programming logic that may not handle certain situations (like a locked up daemon) properly - is not a conspiracy to push users into gambling more so they can collect fees. Just because you can't cash out right now because the site is broken doesn't mean they're conspiring to exploit your addiction at the very time you try to quit.

They are a for-profit gambling site. They charge a fee for using their site in the form of a per-pot tax. That's not a scam under ordinary circumstances. Anyone with a background in computer science or information technology can tell you computers aren't perfect and often fail in very inconvenient ways at the worst of times.

Also, your title is misleading. Do you have proof of their refusal to fix the issue, or are you just frustrated with the excessive time it's taking you to get a favorable reply?