1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. derfy

derfy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1948671
    Seems a good place to ask - is it ok if I have "I'm not a representative of Steamrep" in my signature or must I include it in the post text itself?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I don't see where it matters... why even put anything there anyway when anyone in staff is clearly marked as is your Donator tag.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  3. derfy

derfy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1948671
    Plausible deniability. I want to help but I also don't want to be misconstrued as staff, especially if I give bad advice.
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    any admin / community admin will have a badge saying so here indeed. As for the "bad advice", better inform yourself of the correct information before giving "advice" then....
    Katpolice, derfy and Roudydogg1 like this.
  5. Drako | Trading

Drako | Trading New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:121902772
    Any other way to donate ? I dont have Paypal account or any debit card.
  6. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    Currently, no. Due to the OFPF foundation's requirements, any donation must be in something easily to bookkeep. This means we cannot trade keys, items etc for this, for this would mean a lot of administrative overhead that won't be fun for the admin handling those, outside of having less time to dedicate on SR....
  7. standin.Sevraj

standin.Sevraj Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48463107
    Will my case be resolved? Any verdict is welcome but please attend my case. Its already 3 years guys 3 F Years:(((.
  8. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    I'm sure that calling the staff a✿✿✿✿✿✿s in your thread is obviously the best way to go about it.
  9. standin.Sevraj

Steam:
    Obviously you can't read proper.
  10. [FoG] Downie

[FoG] Downie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42084996
    Obviously he meant mother f✿✿✿✿er.
    Seriously, you harass the staff members here and then to expect an answer?
    Honestly be happy that they didn't just straight declined your appeal.
    Katpolice and Roudydogg1 like this.
  11. standin.Sevraj

Steam:
    Seriously f✿✿✿ you f✿✿✿✿✿✿ garbage. I don't give a f✿✿✿ about it but just remembered about this account and just to show the people how steamrep admins do their job. If they f✿✿✿ the same probably they are singles or gays f✿✿✿✿✿✿ idiots. 3 years for a f✿✿✿✿✿✿ case. 3 f✿✿✿✿✿✿ years.

PS: i have another account and i have NEVER SCAMMED SOMEONE IN MY LIFE. FYI SCUMBAG
  12. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    You need a timeout, come back in a few weeks.
  13. Yarizu

Yarizu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:82042790
    Quick question : if I was scammed but all evidences I've got are in my native language (which is polish language) is there any chance for veryfing them by steam rep stuff? Is there any admin or mod from Poland? Or maybe You have some trusted people / translators which can help?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    You can best report those to some of our EU based Partner communities, like Lethal-Zone ( http://lethal.zone/ ) and Fortress of Gamers ( http://forums.f-o-g.eu ) Both have a variety of admins all over Europe. If I remember correctly, LZ will have some admins that are Polish, which the Trade Admin there can tap into to let those read it and ask questions to.
  15. brake™

brake™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:63499910
    Greetings

Since I couldn't find any help or information elsewhere, I decided to ask here.

My question is regarding Paypal trading, and moreover about how to check if a person is Paypal verified.

I have always done that by pasting the following url - https://www.paypal.com/verified/pal=and adding that person's Paypal email

Since the latest new Paypal look, everytime I try to do that, it forwards me to a Call Center page with one-time passcode. I don't need to call a support but just to check if a person has taken some verification steps, so that I know should I trade them or not.

If I traded someone for Paypal funds and go to the transaction details it only shows if that person is, or not US verified. And this is not helpful if trading with non-US citizen

Is there any other way to check that?

I am asking, because Paypal forums are dead regarding that problem. Also there are many other Steam users, who do cash trading via Paypal, and this certainly is a stumbling block.

Would be grateful on any information about that

Thanks In Advance
  16. SilentReaper(SR)

SteamRep Admin:
    It will say its either a Verified or Not Verified and if its a US or non-US citizen.

US/non-US citizen is not of interest. There are 2 verified parts:
    - Name
    - Address

If name isn't verified, address certainly isn't as well.

But when you initiate a payment, before the payment you can perform a check, a simple google search turned me up this:

http://files.steamrep.com/1/2016/01/2016-01-17_16-07-37.png

So start a payment to the account, and check. You don't have to follow up with the payment (couple cents).
  17. [FaZe]Chair

[FaZe]Chair Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:97884079
    What if I were to payback the guy i scammed. Would my report go away?
  18. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
  19. Wissaul

Wissaul New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:96536702
    Can I up my thread? It is not against the rules?
    I have no answer to my Scam Report for 10 months.
  20. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    It's not suggested as it will not speed up the process. We are aware we have a substantial backlog and have been working both on getting it down and finding long term solutions to prevent it from being so large in the future.