1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

PSA: SweetStakes.TF Refuses to Fix Glitch preventing item withdrawing

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Rosalina, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64197455
    Well, of course I am frustrated, that's a given. But as I said, a tickets admin (who's job it is to help users with their site problems, such at these) said that he can do nothing to help any of us. That sounds very much like a refusal. If I was going to make a scammer report then I would have made a scammer report against Geel, instead of a discussion/PSA thread..

In terms of a glitch, there are users who have had their items locked for over 3 weeks now, that's a bit excessive and more than long enough for me to consider that it's a purposeful ignoring of the users.
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    So what you're saying is "No, I do not have proof of their refusal to fix the issue"...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
  3. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    Considering I am not the one who spoke to the individual, of course not. Also this isn't a scammer report. Why would I need evidence? It's a PSA so that the many users don't use the site and get screwed over...
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Nah I get what you're saying, but I didn't see this discussion and think to myself, "hm...maybe I shouldn't use this site.". I thought to myself "hm...I should expect to see some evidence of this persons claims before I make my informed decision." Which, there is none. And I appreciate your concern for us "users" but I think most of us would like to see some proof of this first, instead of simple words posted..
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    That's not a refusal. That's a customer service rep most likely being blunt with you, he cannot help you. That person does not have the ability to help you, and is probably sick of taking abuse from everyone demanding items with no special access to intervene and help them until the owners/developers fix the system. If Sweetstakes says "No, we have decided to keep your items and never return them because you should be gambling more" that would be evidence of refusal to fix it. I agree 3 weeks is a long wait, but there may be more to this type of situation than meets the eye. If they have some kind of critical system failure, whoever is working on fixing it probably doesn't have time to answer every single complaint and fix it - would be nice if they provided an update to whoever is working tickets, but in the real world of customer support that kind of communication doesn't always happen.
  6. Rosalina

Rosalina New User

Steam:
    UPDATE: The glitch is resolved, for most users.
  7. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
  8. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    As always, the coders have the least amount of free time. I understood that only 1 could solve the problem, and he had other obligations. As always, those able, are having the least amount of time to look into a particular issue "right now", it will be done when they have time for it.

In my talk with one of the dev's it was probably due some changes on the steam trading side that caused the problems (this was before it was solved, and the dev in question did not have access/enough knowledge of that part giving the problems).

Probably with future changes on steam trades these kind of things will happen again. For I hear of this type of problems on various sites every time Valve changed things with Steam Trading. It just depends on when the dev has time to adjust their code to handle the changes how long it will take to "repair" it.