1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Can I report an impersonator, even though they have not tried to scam me?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Wo0dsy, Feb 6, 2016.

1. Wo0dsy

Wo0dsy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:157801562
    The title says it all
    Adviser likes this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Need to have the purpose of intent to scam.
    Adviser likes this.
  3. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    With the exception of impersonation of SteamRep Admins or Middlemen listed on our site.
    Adviser likes this.
  4. joe7dust

joe7dust New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11393704
    Hmm I guess it does pay to be in power.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Not exactly, it's not about being in power, but copying the profile of someone with an admin/middleman tag implies intent to misuse their reputation. We see hundreds if not thousands of profiles copying people from that list, who turn around claiming their that person and therefore should be trusted, and end up scamming by abuse of someone else's reputation. In practice, I personally only apply a tag if they're impersonating a middleman or I have additional evidence of intent to scam beyond just copying the profile, but just to clear up confusion here's the formal policy on tagging for impersonation with intent to scam: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/banning-for-impersonation-of-an-admin-mm-or-another-user.112335/
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**