1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Dear Users [Read]

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by MGSparkle®, Apr 16, 2016.

1. MGSparkle®

MGSparkle® New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42657767
    Hello There this is my First Question to Make on Steam Rep if I made a Mistake am Sorry Then well here is the Questions of mine :0 Can You Please Tell me how I can Get Trusted by Steam Rep? I Want The Green Check sign on my Profile :)
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hi! That check-mark on a green shield sign is reserved for SteamRep Staff, SteamRep Community Admins, and Valve Employees (who are not affiliated with us).

I'd recommend you find other ways to gather reputation, like using CashRep or being active in certain Steam and game communities.

For more on reputation. read What constitutes as Reputation.
    Edward. likes this.
  3. MGSparkle®

MGSparkle® New User

Steam:
    Dear | LZ | Gentleman Thanks for ur Reply :)
  4. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    being active on trading forums and using other trading websites should help you, like backpack.tf , better yet just be active in trading and you can gather reputation on your profile and other sites such as backpack.tf
  5. MGSparkle®

MGSparkle® New User

Steam:
    Dear Nebras Thanks for the Tip!
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Profile "rep" means nothing.... absolutely ZERO. You can just delete the bad ones and someone can come along and delete their good ones for whatever reason.
    Either way I think Gent took care of this question.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    yes I agree, what they mean to me is that the profile is not 2 days old (checking the date of comments), however some people do count them as reputation
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    That's no reason to continue perpetuating the myth they're worth something. Lots and lots and lots of people getting scammed are getting scammed because they trusted a bunch of bogus profile comments as a sign someone was legit. Almost all the scammers not impersonating someone are pushing that as a reason that they're reputable.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Profile rep is worthless. the profile comments are intended for personal messages, it is saying a LOT more if its just personal messages there then "+rep" crap that is worthless where you won't know anything. Oh, wait, that isn't useful for gauging trust....
  10. Everette

Everette New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:109065025
    You gain Rep by becoming known in trading communities, especially communities partnered with SteamRep.