1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Posting sensitive info, how was it hidden now again?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Sebastian Nielsen, May 2, 2016.

1. Sebastian Nielsen

Sebastian Nielsen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5443765
  2. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    This is for staff to add private notes that only other staff can see, not for users
  3. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
    Yes, but judging by other threads, there seem to be possible for users to post sensitive info and hide it so only admins/mods can see it. I can see that users have posted [HIDDEN CONTENT] themselves in the search function. (And when moderator/admin intervenes and removes sensitive content, I see that they instead edit the post to -redacted- and then post the hidden content themselves, possibly to not confuse the OP why content just "disappeared")

Since by the rules, its not permissible to PM moderators about reports/appeals/applications, I guess the only option is to post the sensitive content publicity, and then wait for a mod/admin to hide it?
  4. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    [ HIDE=3,4 ]hidden text or inline attached image here[ / HIDE ]

Without spaces inside the square brackets

3,4 = admins and moderators in this forum, always include both, for most will be reviewed by mods before admins will see it. Not sure if it works, a admin made a guide on it long time ago, but he removed it for it didn't work or w/e for users, for it was only permissible by the add on to do by admins/mods maybe, not sure.

If you can see it yourself: it didn't work, use the edit button (you have 2 minutes to edit, after that it won't accept the change if you "apply" )

I suggest trying it out first, here for example before committing with real stuff.
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Nebras is wrong. It's not widely known, but you can use the following BBCode to keep information hidden (remove space):
    Code:
    [ SHOWTOGROUPS=3,4][/SHOWTOGROUPS]
    Which looks like this:
    Secret Content - Do Not Disclose:
    I recommend testing it first though, to make sure you type it right.
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    It may still be visible to the poster, but if the code worked it should be in a green block like above. You can check by logging out then reloading page.
  7. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
    eeh? Got 2 completely different answers from 2 differnt admins... weird...

okay, testing...
    Shoowtogroups:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Hide:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    maybe both works.
  8. Sebastian Nielsen

Steam:
    Yep both works, and I verifyed by logging out that the information got hidden.
  9. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    yeah, we have 2 different plugins, had to keep the old one for compatibility reasons.....
  10. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    in the few past days it's like every answer I make is wrong :-D , off to reading guides again
  11. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Or maybe don't speak up and pretend to be an expert if you don't know the answer.
    schmed, Edward. and Enstage like this.
  12. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    I'm not an expert, I'm just trying to help
  13. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    You've been speaking a bit authoritatively, in a manner that someone would expect you're knowledgeable, and necessitating whichever staff sees your posts to drop what they're doing and answer immediately so someone doesn't run off with wrong information. If you don't know the answer, don't say anything, and nobody will fault you for not knowing. Don't go around the forums making things up to appear intelligent. It's a lot harder to deal with misinformation than just answer questions.