1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198308057697 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Princess Silva, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Princess Silva

Princess Silva New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:87372737
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198308057697

Victim profile: 76561198135011202

What happened? Description:
    They added me and I accepted shortly after they sent me an invite, however they didn't reply automatically, so it took a while to get a reply outta this one. Later they claimed they would pay 99 USD for my knife, but I would have to download some sort of Chrome extension so that I can confirm if my item is clean or not...​

Provide Evidence:
    Steam chat logs :

View attachment 452316

View attachment 452317

Proof that I am/was friends with the accused :

View attachment 452318

The accused's profile page :

View attachment 452320

They listed the same Gamma case key ten times, making it appear as if they have a multitude of keys available, but if you check the accused's inventory, they only have one. Oh and not to mention they have screenshots of them holding mid/high tier knives, in offline practice with bots, but you know, it's not that hard to alter in game files and make it appear as if one would have expensive skins.​

Attached Files:

2. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    Hello @Princess Silva
    The evidence is sufficient for your report to be prioritized for further investigation.
    We appreciate your effort in filing this report, and please do so again if you encounter any scam attempts. Thank you.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  3. Princess Silva

Princess Silva New User

Steam:
    I've already reported the user in question on Steam, I'm quite worried about this Chrome extension as OPSkins had an alert regarding scammers targeting users and claiming that OPSkins has some sort of inventory checker or somethin'.

opskins.PNG
  4. TFD_Industries™

TFD_Industries™ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:23416765
    There have been numerous similar attempts since couple months ago, many of the "item verification" extensions have been reported and removed from google web store.
  5. Princess Silva

Princess Silva New User

Steam:
    Well the accused unexpectedly removed me from their friends' list, but then again I didn't reply to their messages for like about an hour or so...
  6. macc-

macc- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:66827923
    He also tried to scam me, but when i pointed out that the extension is a scam and i'm not installing it, he removed and blocked, even though i provided information to show my knife is not stolen.

The addon

He has two accounts, link to second
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Hello,

Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for reporting this user.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.