1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Official Guide How to recover from a Hijack.

Discussion in 'SteamRep Guides' started by SilentReaper(SR), Dec 19, 2014.

1. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    Too many things stored? You mean just documents, photo's, video's, userdata like bookmarks, etc?

You can backup those. And I always split up my first hard disk into a C:\ partition of ~100 GB, and a D:\ partition of the rest of the drive. I then move all the document operating system links to a subfolder on the D:\ partition, and have all my data on the D:\ partition. if some is wrong: copy the data you need to keep to the D:\ partition and re-install within the C:\ partition.

Currently I use a SSD of 250 GB (Samsung EVO 840), so made a hard disk my "data" drive, and moved steam to my SSD.

This way, I can reïnstall my system within 20 minutes after I think its needed, by just making a backup to another partition/disk, and format my system partition.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  2. Skinigxe_Alice

Skinigxe_Alice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179519773
    all things on net is not safe, but we need hide some important information and not show it.
  3. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Um I think that is common sense and this post is useless/random because of course you will "hide" your personal and confidential information from others. That's like locking your car and house door so you don't get robbed easily. I don't know if you are farming forum posts or you are just going and posting random stuff on the forums. o_O
  4. Neon^

Neon^ Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:8114812
    Recently my friends account was Stolen this Guide Helped them thank you.