1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Shows your Knife and a Diamond. Considers only Knife

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Goddess Noire, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45626741
    So. I reported a post. About two scammers who scammed many people of Unusuals. And all the scammed people were nothing but kids. Even included of how they boast about on Facebook and in a group Steam chat that how many reports come on Steam Rep, they dont give a damn about it.
    Well its true isnt it? I was being honest of me fully. My Vendetta against them and the fact they scammed. The admin puts a consideration into my Vendetta and not the posts I uploaded and speak about? Yea. Right.
    If you are the "Police" of the Steam Rep, just sometimes, go out of your bounds/shells and see what is right.
    [​IMG]
    Sees what is Red, Not the Green
    Doesnt consider the others.

Attached Files:

• 03.jpg
      03.jpg
      File size:
      248.1 KB
      Views:
  2. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    "Sorry :p no scam whatsoever. We dont consider little kids who cant make a report on TF2 or have no idea of how to use the market~!"

[​IMG]

Look. We arent Gods or anything, Humans. Okay? We are trying to make a good community Clean, by trying to pick out evidence as much as we can. Facebook, Steam Chats. Anything we can come into consideration of this scam. This person is shouting on FB that he scammed it
    "Yes but its not steam. We dont consider 3rd party Stuff"
    [​IMG]
    "Not gonna consider this. Cause I dont think its scam of a person, Telling his friends in a chat box which are on FB too, about his scams. So boo"

Would really consider someone, for once. Look out of the box and say something sensible. If kids keep getting scammed like this, TF2 wil fall down slowly. And I expect an answer from someone else whose name is not blind as Mr Horse here.
    Thank you
  3. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    you're reporting without any proper evidence, and you also can't get evidence because you're not who got scammed, and even if he said he did the scam, you can't prove it, SR can't accept such reports, only reports with valid and clear evidence will get accepted
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    Well then.
    First. This scam is like the Golden pan Scam, where a kid, happily agreed to trade his golden Pan for Refs
    Same is for these two kids, they traded their Unusuals worth many keys for some weapons which they have no idea.

Sure, I didnt get scammed, But was repetitively asked for my Australium Launcher for which I said no, Cause I no the value of my item and they dont.
    Can you look at how many hours they played and what their accounts priced after the scam? Literally under 10 keys and under 100 hours or so.

Law is fine. Rules and such. But use your logic, brains, Humans are gifted with the fact to make calculations and observations, thats why we reached the moon. Not cause of Issac's Gravity of Law.
    Steam Rep needs to itself, dig in with us to help us find about this crooks and stuff, you are in partner with online fraud investigation, then help people and find out the truth then just sitting on your butts, looking at some pics of chats and smashing your hammer in a court. I know, a scammer or not. But I, as a considerate person, is trying to save some more future newbie players from getting scammed by such people.
    For once, look out of the box. And use your brains, otherwise, They are close to rot. Thanks.
  5. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    Just going to reply to this part.

How does:
    Equate to him taking your "Vendetta" into account?

I didn't look into the case personally, so I don't know the details, however if we don't have enough evidence we can't apply a tag, its a simple as that. We understand that we often have to archive/decline reports where it is probable that the report is truthful and accurate, however we simply cannot accept these. People do create false reports, and accepting reports without doing our due diligence is irresponsible and careless. Our tags are held to a high standard by the community, and that is because we adhere to high standards of evidence.
  6. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    also, what you submitted falls into sharking, which isn't a bannable offense under SR rules,because a scammer by the rules of SR is someone breaking a trade agreement by getting what he asked for but not doing what he agreed to do with the other party, and sharking doesn't violate that, no trade agreement is broken.
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    We are not your personal interwebs police. We do not tag for sharking. We do not accept 3rd party reports. We require evidence that is pretty much full proof, if we "went out of our bounds and did what was right" yes we would be able to catch and tag thousands of additional legitimate scammers (if we had the resources to process them that is, also why our tagging policy scope is specifically narrow) but probably some innocents too, in that case, people would not trust/use us as a resource anymore. We have to be able to prove cases publicly (or at least have irrefutable evidence internally) I have to grant appeals for users who I know with near absolute certainty are scammers, but cant actually prove (or prove w/o exposing cretin resources we have) sucks but that's the way it is.

Note: did not look at report in question.
  8. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    I dont see FACEBOOK Post of shouting out loud like... "BURN BURN! I SCAMMED THIS UNUSUAL FROM A KID! LOLO! ONLY I COULD DO THIS! HAHAH!"
    and "PFFT! I DONT CARE ABOUT STEAM REP REPORTS! CAUSE I SCAM KIDS!"
    *cough*

I mean, they are kids. First evidence I will bring is that the First owner of the Nebula is only a year old account and under 500 Hours of TF2 Gameplay. His account isnt even matured enough to learn about the sharks on Steam. Why dont you at least see the price before and after the unusual he got, its worth 10 keys. Evidence is main of course, but please think about it.

False report? One can do anything to the many chats which have come and gone on your steam rep ground. Photoshop and just do anything to them.
    Adreno clearly accepts it that he scammed of unusauls and even called a friend into personal chat to speak of it.
    Chrissy says it on Facebook that he scammed a kid of his expensive strange unusual.

@You Are The One
    You are the last person to be honest, I would want to listen to. I would love to speak with Clive, but not a person who has no respect to the plea of community members who are asking for help on your profile, and you just shove them aside like "Dont care" or "No" etc. So let me talk with Clive, not you.
  9. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    @Clive,
    Tags holds the position by some random people. Not of how you are kind, or what you consider or not into helping us or not. They dont say, you will help us or just shove us to the side, saying you dont have chat proof of a kid so you cant be considered.
  10. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Just briefly looking at this, you seem to think that because someone said they scammed, they should be tagged for it. It doesn't quite work like that, for the person claiming they scammed potentially doesn't know the definition of a scam (in the context of what SteamRep handles. Not having a definition of a scam would be disastrous). By the looks of it that statement holds true in this case, as the person is bragging about a shark, rather than a scam; which is not something SteamRep accepts.
  11. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    Oh wow. The two admins already left? So much considerate and stuff you guys are. Just so much really.
    I forget you are just a bunch of people, come together and made a site of steam rep.
    Well then, I dont consider being banned or being unbanned by steam rep as offense if that is how you treat people who is trying to protect other kids from getting shark
    Close my report and do whatever you like.
    REDDIT here I come

And thanks for making it clean now
    Steam REP doesnt ban sharkers, I should now try to shark people too, I wont be banned :p Lel!
  12. Enstage

Steam:
    You are grossly misinformed.

Use the search feature to discover the plethora of topics on why SteamRep doesn't ban for sharking. If they were, I guarantee it would not be pretty. Additionally, just because SteamRep doesn't ban for sharking doesn't make it OK, and SteamRep reserves the right to ban for it in "egregious" circumstances.

Finally, you can't expect SteamRep staff to be posed over their keyboards ready to respond to you in the 10 minutes between your two posts above, they kind of have lives too.
  13. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    Well of how they respond I can consider this is what they replay....
    *cough*
    We are Steam Rep!
    We promote sharking! So shark it all you love, and we will never put a tag on you!

Am I right?
  14. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    @Enstage
    Thanks for saying we dont have lives too. We are just sitting on the keyboard and doing nothing like this. I wrote this report, last night at, 12am.
    But hey! I dont have anything to do in my life. Just helping people from being sharked isnt a work
    At least put a caution warning or something. Not a ban tag?
  15. Enstage

Steam:
    No...you're not...

Just because they don't tag for it doesn't mean they promote it.

I thought of an example. Illegally pirating stuff in Australia. It's wrong and against the law, but law enforcement doesn't hunt down every single person who does it, it's simply ineffective and a deplorable waste of resources to hunt them all down. Hence they leave most of the cases and only go after the worst cases. I hardly call this supporting piracy. Link this to SteamRep -- while not really "enforcement" themselves -- simply not tagging for sharking is not supporting it.

I never said you don't have a life...I quite literally implied you do..."Too" means "also". So saying "they kind of have lives too" means they have lives similar to the rest of society.
  16. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    @Enstage
    Lets take Horse first for example. He says, No evidence. But facebook has it. So perfect blindness
    Next is the Chosen One. I dont know how a rude person like him is even admin compared to Clive who speaks to everyone in a considerate tone

Look. Like how Horse is saying. They considerate STEAM not Facebook. I considerate THEIR ACTIONS, not their words.
    It shows truly they are not helping, I have brought in the proof with a help of friends at midnight, wrote a report and stuff and pointing you at the exact criminal.
    Your example is true, doesnt go to hunt every single person. But cops needs, cars, manpower and force to rush down the criminals, to find them, manhandle them and arrest them. I brought them the proof and the perfect picture reports of them. And now they say its "sharking and we cant do.. I mean, wont do anything"
    Now, you tell me?
  17. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    They dont need to run anywhere and catch them or anything. Do they? I brought everything in front of their eyes. Just. In a hand's grasp. Hey. But its sharking, we cant do anything about it. Well, I edited my profile on steam, stating, Steam rep supports/wont do anything to sharkers. So go bananas.
  18. Enstage

Steam:
    There is no evidence of a scam. There is evidence of someone saying they scammed. They are two very different things, I outlined that in my first post.

Basically, you've brought said evidence, however sufficient / insufficient it may be, but its not something SteamRep handles.

Once again, just because SteamRep does not tag for sharking, does not mean they promote it.

If you're going to post something, at least make it constructive and on topic...
  19. Goddess Noire

Goddess Noire New User

Steam:
    @Enstage
    Like I said, Steam rep PROMOTES Sharking.
    Only they can block is scams. Like Paypal and Steam trades. So its pretty much useless in my terms.
    Please make it bold letters
    STEAMREP CANT DO ANYTHING AGAINST SHARKERS!
    So lets promote them. This is my first, and last time gonna speak with a bunch of people, who come together and say they protect people's online evidence then just sit and ban scams and not sharks.
    Good bye. Promoters
  20. Enstage

Steam:
    I'm not going to participate in this discussion with you any longer.

Banning for sharking would cause too many problems for SR to deal with, and overall detract from other areas, it's not feasible for SR to ban for sharking -- I'm sure if they could they would. SteamRep does not choose to not ban for sharking, they have no other option. They are not "turning a blind eye" to it, they literally can't do anything about it. They are not promoting sharking.