1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198102454791 - (.4GR ByRd / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by ByRd, Feb 18, 2016.

1. ByRd

ByRd Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:71094531
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198102454791 (.4GR ByRd)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: Yes, I appealed here earlier for another situation in the past.

Alternate Accounts:
    I am accused of having an alt, but i truly don't.​

Appeal description:
    I scammed Spill Sempai (http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198095120071) a few months ago, and I added him back a while back saying i wanted to repay him and lift my ban. He concurred, and I recently repayed him. I took an 11 key unusual from him, and I payed him back an item worth more than that (field tested m4a1-s golden coil). As you can see from the screenshots below, he is satisfied with the compensation. He said he would be ok if we could remove the scammer tag and lift the ban.

On another note, I want to apologize to all of the moderators and admins of steamrep, along with Spill Sempai and all the victims of scams (of which I am one). I'm sorry for being such a nuisance, and being the one thing that you work to stop.

http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198102454791-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.115313/ (report that got me banned)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/spill2011 (spill's profile for proof)

And as always, please notify me if there are any questions or of more proof is required. Thank you all for your work.​

Attached Files:

2. Spill - Senpai | trade.tf

Spill - Senpai | trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67427171
    Yes, he has repaid me for what he has done. He deserves to be unbanned.
  3. ByRd

ByRd Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
  4. ByRd

ByRd Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Well it's been about 5 months since this appeal, and I'm trying to get back into this game. I'm not an entitled scamming brat anymore, and I would like the opportunity to become unbanned and get back into the fun aspect of trading in TF2. Can I talk to someone 1 on 1 or something?
  5. ByRd

ByRd Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Well it's been like 8 months, and I'd really appreciate it if I could talk to somebody. I would really like to get unbanned. I've done everything I was required to do. And I don't scam anymore, and I never will.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  7. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  8. Spill - Senpai | trade.tf

Spill - Senpai | trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67427171
  9. ByRd

ByRd Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    Yes, the first one was an attempt I tried a long time ago. I'll admit it. I was dumb back then. the second one was dealt with already. I paid Spill Senpai back for what I took from him. There was another guy who claims that I scammed him, but I'm pretty sure that my friend was the one that took his items, and I was the one that convinced him to give him whatever he gave him, which at this point i don't remember. All I know is that i just want to be able to trade again without people accusing me of being stupid. I'm a changed person now. I'm better than I used to be.
  10. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Hello @ByRd,

Your appeal has been reviewed and it has been rejected for the following reason(s):

- Change of heart is not a valid reason to overturn a serious ban within the trade community
    - You had the opportunity to properly explain the reports against you and what you learnt from those incidents, but instead chose to brush them off
    - Very little evidence of remorse or insight - you appear to only be appealing because of the inconvenience of being barred from trade servers

Despite your appeal being rejected, it's recommended that you avoid future situations that might appear to be fraud with Steam trading. Sometimes people reported to Valve by its users can get their accounts trade banned by Steam Support.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**