1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198129048366 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Bentf2, Sep 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bentf2

Bentf2 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:176462737
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198129048366

Victim profile: 76561198042642329

What happened? Description:
    Promised $14 paypal after I delivered a Desert Eagle | Sunset Storm 壱 - Minimal Wear and then took off after receiving the item and never paying the money. He then admits to scamming and blocks me.​

Provide Evidence:
    Scam happens here and he admits it too... Kinda scummy since he was my "friend" before this

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
  2. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    @Bentf2 please re-upload the screenshots in an uncropped and unedited format.
  3. Bentf2

Steam:
    Okay, Here you are. Screenshots of the chat where he scams me then admits to scamming me then goes offline, uncropped/unedited. In addition I've included a screenshot of my steam trade history, showing I accepted the gun over to him as well as I forgot to do that earlier.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2016
  4. Inu

Steam:
    @Bentf2

1) I have hidden several screenshots displaying your account name for your personal safety
    2) These screenshots are still not uncropped, I need them to display your entire screen
  5. Bentf2

Steam:
    The screenshots I took at the time I gathered my proof for the scam were taken with lightshot, not printscreen. Is there any way I can retake the screenshots and find his chat history some how?

Does the edges of my screen mean the scammer is going to get away with scamming me? I don't quite understand, I'm willing to do whatever you need me to do to get "uncropped screenshots" of proof of the scam, just let me know what!
  6. Bentf2

Steam:
    I can retake the screenshots with the chat including my entire screen if that's satisfactory? I'm not quite sure what this has to do with the proof that he scammed me which is clearly presented there though in detailed proof.
  7. Bentf2

Steam:
    I've attached screenshots Including full proof of the scam, proof I've traded the desert eagle to him, admittance to the scam, and my entire screen in an uncropped, unedited format.

Hidden Content:
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2016
  8. Inu

Steam:
    @Bentf2 I have hidden the screenshots again as part of your account name was visible. The last thing I need is an uncropped screenshot of your PayPal history from the last month(entire September to October 1st). If you are uncomfortable posting this publicly, feel free to PM me the screenshot and I will post and hide it right away so there is no chance anybody who is not supposed to will see it.
  9. Bentf2

Steam:
    I have sent you a PM as I wish to discuss this specific manner privately.
  10. Bentf2

Steam:
    any update...?
  11. Inu

Steam:
    Thank you for your report!
    I have marked it as "evidence provided" and an admin will look at it in due time.

You can also report the user by filing a report with VALVe through the user's Steam profile

In order to report the account to VALVe, you have to:

1. Visit the accused's steam profile
    2. Click the "MORE" drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose "REPORT VIOLATION"
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence, just like you would in one of our reports
    5. Click the "SUBMIT REPORT" button.

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation through a user's Steam profile.

Happy trading,
    Inu

Hidden Content:
  12. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello,

Thanks for the report.

Moving it to final review.

Hidden Content:
  13. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.