1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Should i report?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Matiiix, Sep 18, 2016.

1. Matiiix

Matiiix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:102987697
    Person said he will buy my skins through paypal, we kept talking until he said how can i trust you. I told him check my steamrep profile then he immediately blocked me. He was trying to scam me because he wanted to overpay by £20...
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Impossible to prove what was going to happen had you gone through with the trade. Unless he said something like wanting to "verify your items" or he impersonated another user, then SR can't tag for this.
  3. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
    No reason to report as you have no proof of any type of scam attempt. If the user wants to overpay a lot, it is phishy and you should immediately block him/her.
    If he has not made any type of fake invoice or something like that on PayPal, it was not a scam attempt. You need solid proof in order to report someone, have a look at some of my previous reports. Almost all my reports have been accepted due to the fact that I provide a lot of evidence.
  4. Matiiix

Matiiix New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:102987697
    Alright thanks for the help.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Just because someone offers more than what someone THINKS something is worth doesn't make them bad. SR doesn't get involved with pricing/value disputes just for starters - my PERSONAL thoughts on prices of things are that its all nonsense... I can't stand it. People are mind warped into thinking something is WORTH something specific but in reality something is only valued to what the other person is willing to give you..that is how trading works.
    Do keep in mind that what I said right there is ME speaking not SR.
  6. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Steam:
    Yes, I know. But what I'm saying is, that if people with low Steam levels and/or recent Steam levels offer you a ridiculous amount for an item, you should think twice and do some research about this player BEFORE you arrange a trade.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Yeah it's a virtual economy based on the rarity of the skin(s). You can't stand it, I don't like it either and most of the top/high tier traders are not interested in these skins too. Most of these people see trading as a business opportunity and not to have skins just so they can "customize" their ingame weapons in CS:GO. These skins are not the only thing that people are thinking that is worth something as you said, there are all kinds of other collectors that buy random stuff because they value it so high. Everybody can express their opinion but the fact is that these skins are still a multi million dollar economy overall that made Valve and the CS:GO Esports a bunch of money in general. CS:GO got so popular because skins not because it's the best Counter Strike ever made. In my opinion CS:GO is the worst Counter Strike in the franchise, but that is a whole another topic which I don't want to dig in. My 2 cents on this one.

Regards! ;)
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Levels have nothing to do with anything - no pull what so ever!!! I've seen level 100+ users scam left and right.
  9. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Steam:
    Never said that you can't be scammed by higher levels. Just saying that it's more likely to be scammed by a level 3 than a level 100.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That's an invalid stereotype... I've seen the complete opposite.
  11. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Steam:
    Well of course I don't have many experience in being scammed. All I know is that I do research before I trade with the person in question, that's the main point.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Don't worry I understood what you meant :^) If the deal is too good to be true, it probably is. Yes?
  13. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Steam:
    Sort of. All you should know is that you should feel 100% sure and safe when doing a trade. If something doesn't seem right, you should do some research and/or start asking questions. SteamRep is always a reliable source to use, don't look at the +reps on someone's profile, as they can be easily bought.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. ChubaMama

ChubaMama New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:2000750
    No reason to report, you have no proof of any scam attempt.
  15. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    1. Thread is dead.
    2. In his case, proof would not have helped.
  16. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Steam:
    Agreed. @ChubaMama , please refrain from necroing.