1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Getting a "verified" account.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by JustFluxz, Dec 17, 2016.

1. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60165287
    Hi, I was wondering if there was a way to get my account "verified" or something of that nature. I have been moving up the ranks on Steam a fair bit in terms of account and inventory worth, and I have been noticing a spike in scammers trying to add me, which is to be expected. But, the main reason I want this is because as of recently I have been seeing people who are changing their Steam name to mine and was hoping there was a way for people to be able to see actual proof that they are dealing with the real me.

| steamname: JustFluxz
    | steam3ID: [U:1:120330575]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:60165287
    | steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198080596303
    | customURL: http://steamcommunity.com/id/JustFluxz
    | steamrep: http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198080596303
  2. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    I forgot to add that I am highly against scamming as they are extremely harmful and are also straight up annoying. I have been making sure to not add anyone that is banned unless I know them on a more personal level.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    No such thing.
  4. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    Well that is what I mean, there should be a thing. Like an application based thing where you prove it is your account and that you have to have a certain requirement on your steam account. Then maybe if you get steamrep or steam banned then possibly you would lose it, I didn't think it through too much but it definitely would be cool to have. Similar to what you guys do for "trusted" users.
  5. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    We are not Valve, their is really no way a 3rd party can enforce any such system, you should take your suggestion to them.
  6. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
    The problem with this thing is, when do you call someone 'trusted'? There are many factors in play when we look at this and it is very likely impossible to stamp 'trusted' on accounts.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Sniper Pro

Sniper Pro FirePowered Head Admin Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49525162
    The overhead required to maintain such a system would be insane, and if every Steam user with a valuable inventory had "Trusted" on their profile you'd end up with quite a few "trusted" people committing fraud and being marked. Unfortunately in an attempt to make it safer for other users to trade, in the end you'd probably actually make it less safe.
  8. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Youtube and Twitter have "verified", but that wouldn't work for Steam. No possible way that would work for Steam.
  9. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Hello @JustFluxz ,

Just because you have valuable items in your Steam Inventory and a valuable account with over 2k games and similar that doesn't mean you are a "trusted" user. I'm curious how are you actively trading but you just joined SteamRep today? It still blows my mind that so many traders on different trading sites are not familiar with SteamRep and they're not using the site. You can use SteamRep's Pretrade Tips guide to spot impersonators (especially community admin or middlemen imposters), already banned scammers, users with Caution Tags and similar: https://steamrep.com/tips/pretrade . Beside using the guide manually you have a few browser extentions that have the "SteamRep checker" thingy included so you can immediately see their SteamRep status and profile while you are browsing Steam profiles with your preferred web browser.

You can also encourage your friends and other traders you know who are not familiar with SteamRep so they can learn what SteamRep is, there are tons of great guides on the forums where you can educate yourself so you can avoid a whole bunch of malicious users and scammers overall.

Last but not least you can't literally put an end to impersonators, but if they're impersonating you with intent to defraud like linking your Steam inventory as their "storage/vault" account then you can submit a report at SR and get them banned/tagged for that offense. Beside this you can report them to Valve too.

Good luck!
  10. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    Yeah I see what you mean, I was just thinking in terms of impersonators it would help.
  11. Gara

Gara Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42629858
    The tags almost welcomes folks to impersonate you. Example, I rarely ever trade; never been known to. But because of the community admin tag, I'm added and blamed because an impersonator scammed another poor soul of their items. It can't be helped, because the scammers bank off of users either not knowing the site, or them not looking further past a name and photo. So long as you aren't brandishing a red or orange tag, people will know at the very least there isn't anything negative on you. And that is good.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  12. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    another reason I want the tier 5 donator, besides just doing it to support the site, good way to distinguish an account.
  13. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    It's really not...scammers donate all the time to try and appear more reputable. Although their donations get refunded pretty quick, and by the way you're acting yours probably will too.

A donation doesn't show how reputable you are, just how much money you have.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  14. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    Lol I wouldn't scam, and the fact that so many are accusing of me of it kinda is a bit annoying. Main readon I am donating is to support SteamRep and prevent impersonators.
  15. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    reason*
  16. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    We're not accusing you of anything...

...just saying that this is a terrible reason to donate, and won't do anything.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    lol so donating to supporrt SteamRep isn't a good reason? haha, I am just trying to knock out 2 birds with one stone of donating and supporting the sites I like while also getting maximum benefits. You know what i mean? xD
  18. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    It even says "Your tier level of donation will appear on your profile, distinguishing your Steam account. This can reduce impersonations and will show your commitment to the community." on the donations page for SteamRep, so there shouldn't be so much ridicule lol.
  19. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    ok ok - JustFluxz when and if you donate - thanks we appreciate it.

I don't believe we need to keep going back and forth here.
  20. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    I mean I thought it would end awhile ago, I just didn't want to leave it open in a situation where my reputation and authenticity was in question. Lol thanks.