1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Do donations stack?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by JustFluxz, Dec 17, 2016.

1. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60165287
    I was wondering if donations stack. Like say if you are tier 1, and then donate less then $100 but the total overall in donations was over $100, would you be upgraded to tier 5? I would assume so but I was just making sure, I want to donate soon, but can't afford to be tier 5 yet even though I would like to be. Thanks in advance.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Does not stack - just upgrades to the next slot depending on the amount.
  3. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    So, to become tier 5, you would need to donate 100 in that single donation rather then split them up? I just want to make sure I understand correctly. :)
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No I mean as in the notations of Donator here on the forums don't stack.
  5. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    what do you mean? I am confused lol. Sorry if I am just being ignorant xD
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    If you donate for Tier1 - then turn around and donate to get Tier2 - Tier2 will override to be in effect and so on.
    I think what your asking is can you donate enough to get Tier1 and then the difference to get TierV or whatever - system is rather automatic to start with so it would detect the amounts upon donation.
  7. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I was referring to say pay the $12 for tier 1 then pay $88 for tier 5. what were you referring to in terms of the forums, or was that it? lol
  8. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Yeah, if you start a Tier I and then within a reasonable timeframe pay the remaining towards a higher tier, we'd grant you the higher tier. But if the donation timeframe expired or has very little time left, probably would need them to donate for the full tier they are after.
  9. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Can't help but feel you only want to give a donation to Steamrep is so that you can receive your "tier" and look more "reputable", the fact that you've recently posted about "verification for trust" is awkward..
  10. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
    I literally was just thinking the same thing. Hope the fellow has good intentions.
  11. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    I have been on a spree of donating to max tier on sites that I use a lot or are making a difference. The visible tier 5 is just a visible bonus for people to verify that it is me. I am not a big trader but I honestly hate scammers.
  12. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    haha, I thought about the fact it looked a bit phishy after I made the post xD. I currently donated $10 on SteamDB and $10 on Steamladder. Probabbly going to donate another $45+ to steamladder, and then do $100 here.
  13. Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING

Dragoon™ ♛ | TRADING Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:89145434
    As long as it's not for the status, but rather for the support you give to SteamRep.
  14. JustFluxz

JustFluxz New User

Steam:
    It is for both xD lol I am more willing to donate a $100 here rather then on other sites is because this site is being used to better the community and make it safer while the other sites are more of somethign itts nice to look at and compare profiles. I use SteamDB for my account value in terms of games, and then I use Steam Ladder for rankings based on Steam Level and amount of games. Then, I use this to make sure the people I am talking to are legitimate.