1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Theft?? OPskins holding my items/cash (+/-$900,-) after strange ban?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Miggel, Jan 31, 2017.

1. Miggel

Miggel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:633336
    OPskins is acting strange, not what I am used of this site.

At first of all, In the beginning I was always very pleased from the services from OPskins, I bought a lot of skins via opskins (history more than 1800 dollar deposit). Also the communication was always very fast on support. Untill the ban.
    Currently my account got a ban (permanent it seems), In my opinion a strange situation which I will try explain in the second part of this post about what happend.

Beside true or false ban, my account has still got $299.96 dollar left and several expansive skins in the store (approximediately: 600 dollars of worth). This cash and items still belong to me, it can't be true that OPskins refuses to give this back (this will be theft?)

Tried to mail them with almost the same info in here on [email protected], opened a post on reddit, got 2 support tickets open on the site. But no response anymore (only on 1 ticket they keep saying "reffer on ticket xxxxxx).. Very strange.

Now about the ban:
    Currently I was cashing out some skins which I had on sale in the store, In my listing history there where 3 items which didn’t received/withdrawed in the past, I had an error with those items.
    I opened a ticket to ask what this error caused (Opskins can see the Original ticket raised). After our first couple of messages, I saw that 2 items never where picked up (so that was no issue anymore), but I saw 1 item which I had in my trade history from OPskins, so I wanted to see if this item caused the issue. I made some screenshots which they asked. After this conversation I got a permanent ban with reason attempt to scam support, message "one of the image you attached on your previous ticket was doctored." All I did is made the screenshot of the history, nothing more nothing less). I have a very long tradehistory because I trade a lot.

I discribed also in the tickets, “I really don't care about the missing item, and I don't want it back if there where technical issues. All I wanted is verified what happend why this is on my item page with that Help error.”

Well ofcourse it will be Opskins words against mine about the ban, but the point of this all is, if I will keep the ban it is still the thing that the items and cash in my account are still mine, there is nothing suspicious or whatever on it (also with my reputation on steam and my $1800 cash buy items history on OPskins).

My complete steam history is clean, I am steam member since 2003, my steam rep is clean (I am even active on this forums to catch scammers, with more than 10 accepted reports), and I never ever tried to scam someone else.

I also called the local police about this case today, they gave me the advice to wait untill friday to get response and try to contact you on all possible ways, to find a solution together (which i currently did on here 2 support tickets, an e-mail on [email protected] and a message on reddit).

If i don't hear anything before friday 14.00 CET i will make a cyber theft report at the policestation, and am i forced to take further steps.

I hope I can arrange a solution with OPskins because i was always satisfied about their service.

Did someone had the same issues with OPskins? Or are there other simular cases?

Regards,
    Maikel aka Yuckotheclown(steam)
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Depends on the sites TOS that you agreed to, if they say "if you get banned for x, then you forfeit your skins/credits" then you are SOL. We are not OPSkins and cant help you, this would generally fall under a user/community dispute, something SR does NOT investigate.
  3. Miggel

Miggel New User

Steam:
    I have the TOS / T&C (also copied if further steps are needed).Date of Last Revision: January 4, 2017
    They only say something about:
    "You may not use any form of unauthorized third-party software, scripts, or the such including, but not limited to: automation software (bots), mods, scrapers, “Userscripts”, “Addons”, “Extensions”, hacks, etc. to modify, automate, and/or change the purchasing process in any way and/or for the purpose of data collection. You will not engage in price-switching or price-baiting practices when using the Service and such practices will result in an automatic termination of your account, without a right to reimbursement or retrieval of any virtual items."

This is not in the case in my situation?
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    Like I said, we are NOT OPSkins, and can NOT help you. Consult a lawyer if you wish.
  5. Miggel

Miggel New User

Steam:
    I know :), I just was wondering if you had simular cases in the past like this with OPskins.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    We have had similar situations in the past, that's why we have a policy for it. The policy is: we do NOT look into user/community disputes.
  7. Inu

Inu TF2Bazaar Owner Retired Staff Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:62120987
    "Your online conduct and interaction with other users of the Site and Service should be guided by common sense and basic etiquette. OPSkins may terminate your account or access to the Site or Service at any time, which may include the forfeiture and loss of any funds in your account (in OPSkins’ sole discretion), for any conduct or activity that OPSkins believes, in its sole discretion, is illegal, violates the terms of this Agreement, or otherwise negatively affects the enjoyment of the Site and Service by other users. You acknowledge that OPSkins is not required to provide you notice before terminating your access to the Service or the Site, which may include the forfeiture and loss of any funds in your account, but it may choose to do so."
    Essentially the entire ToS is a pretty standard "we can ban you for whatever we want and keep the stuff you voluntarily deposited with us." It's not rocket science, it's the way almost every site that deals with item automation works.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  8. axelshep

axelshep New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:201104509
    I had a recent encounter with OPSkins, it was fairly odd.. I was trying to whitelist for purchasing with PayPal because for some reason my previous whitelist was rendered invalid. I had gotten the "Sorry, you cannot pay with this method." error. I contact support, unlike your situation I got some answers, they told me I couldn't be whitelisted and they cannot state the reason and they basically were acting like I was committing fraud. I am sharing this odd situation with you and the community cause you're not the only one who has had weird run-ins with their support. I've spent over 2K with no issues on their site prior.
  9. Miggel

Miggel New User

Steam:
    Thanks Inu and axelshep!
    @axelshep, yeah I read in more forums those kind of "OPskins way of work". Not professional at all.

Here in Europe (NL/BE) are strickt rules when it comes about Cyber theft , as well as the preservation of goods, which arguably can be made that they do not belong to their own interests. Several cases are handled where people are in their rights when they can prove items/money is theirs and the 3th party won't response to a proper solution. So i will wait until friday, then the police report will be made with all the evidence, after that i will contact my work lawyer to look at this case aswell.

Beside that I received some mails of my items (which where still on the opstore) which are sold. So it means that OPskins still makes money (10%) of my sold items in the meantime I got the ban! So items are not frozen etc, only my acces to the site is blocked to use other functions. Also I see my cash is now raised to $377.36 because of those sold items.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  10. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Hope your situation gets resolved Miggel. Locking thread because we do not look into these disputes.