1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198304486264 - (Seojin / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Seojin, Feb 20, 2017.

1. Seojin

Seojin Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:172110268
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198304486264 (Seojin)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    I apologise for what I did, and I do not want to be looked at as a scammer (since I am 100% not). The scam for the TF2 item was nothing more less than a joke (not to mention, ive NEVER played TF2, apart from this one time when I was 12, since I was bored, and my name changes are jokes (as at the time I was attempting to prank my friends as there was this gold border glitch on steam where your name and border was gold, and I was trying to prank them by acting like a steam mod and telling them that the glitch was not allowed to be used). After a while I went to the steam trading discussion and found that there was a TF2 one. I decided it'd be funny to act like a steam mod and confiscate the guys item and that it was "duped". It was far too obvious, and at the time I thought it was witty. Soon after when I discovered this site, it had said that my account is "banned". At first, this shocked me as it said i was a scammer, that you shouldnt trade with (which i can tell you I am 100% NOT). When I checked why I was banned, it was this exact story and that the other guy actually took it seriously (which isnt surprising). So... this is my story, I hope y'all will understand that i was just a bloke that was bored....thank you!​
  2. Seojin

Steam:
    OH! and by the way, the guy blocked me so theres no way I can repay him. Can someone tell him to unblock me? I am willing to gift him some trading cards!
  3. Edward.

Edward. SteamRep Admin Donator - Tier V

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30537130
    Good luck!

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    I dont see any joke or anything that could remotely be considered a joke.
  5. Seojin

Steam:
    See, i've never actually PLAYED TF2, also I was acting like a steam admin to my friends saying they can get banned (because at the time there was a glitch where you could change your steam border and name to GOLD). I hope that answered your question.
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    No, still see nothing that can be considered, or mistaken, as a "joke". In addition, they are additional steam profiles you failed to disclose in your appeal.
  7. Seojin

Steam:
    i was acting like a steam admin to my friends because they were using a glitch where it makes their profile gold. I took it a step further when i saw a trading forum for a tf2 skin so i tried to 'confiscate" the owners item for being "duped". At the time i thought it was funny to do since it felt like i was a real admin, but turns out the only thing it did was give me a ban on steam rep. I am truly not a scammer and I am willing to do anything for the victim of the scam (which he has me blocked). I will neverdo anything stupid like this ever again and I would like to apologise to the victim.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    Ok, so we know now noone else could have possibly considered what you did a joke, you still failed to address the second major issue I already brought up. Giving formal weeks notice.
  9. Seojin

Steam:
    Yes, that is why im willing to do anything for the victim, and apologise for wat i have done. Also, what is the second major issue?
  10. Seojin

Steam:
    In case you've missed ive sent another reply :);)
  11. Seojin

Steam:
    Update: I have succeededly contacted the victim of the scam. He has forgiven him and now i am on the stages of sending him trading cards and a background. I will post the link in a sec.
  12. Seojin

Steam:
    Me* not him
  13. Seojin

Steam:
  14. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2184903
    For the record:
    He indeed apologized and i accepted his apology.

@Seojin:
    no trading cards etc. needed but thanks for the offer. i dont do unblocks but its not necessary anyways.
    i have no idea what steamreps appeal policy is and if this warrants a unban (bit sceptical, though) . you should follow up on the admins request and disclose additional alternative accounts. and give them time to reply, they do this in their spare time and have lots of reports/appeals to look into.
  15. Seojin

Steam:
    Thanks! I add my alt accounts
  16. Seojin

Steam:
  17. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
  18. Seojin

Steam:
    Okay i see. Fox i think itd be better if I sent you gifts. After all, I attempted to scam you and itd be for the best to repay. Unblock me at www.steamcommunity.com/id/s3oj1n
  19. The Fox Donut

The Fox Donut New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2184903
  20. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I was really just looking for the chat screenshot of your conversation @Seojin about how you apologized and so on.