1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Suggestion/Bug Report

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Duskfall -a^DF, Oct 20, 2012.

1. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41806566
    The "Home" button below the SteamRep logo links to the forum. It this intended, or is it supposed to go to the database? If it was intended, it really should be changed to link to the scammer database.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Its intended to the home of the forum. We had it to SR main for a while, but usage was often intended to the home of the forum, not to the SR site. I just had a chat with Mattie on it, I intended to get the SR logo to point to the main domain, but we're leaving it as it is for now after a discussion.
  3. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    There are currently 3 buttons/hotlinks that go to the home of the forums.... and they are all next to each other. I find that extremely redundant.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Oh, I agree, afaik the "home" links are the same, 1 setting (I refrain messing with stuff, rather leave that to the person who does normally, so all is comm'd and talked thru).

But Home is imo the "home page" of the forums, and as Mattie told me, the Logo is the home of the subdomain normally too on the interwebs. Its not the end of the world, and we've been like this for ~10 months without a problem (minus 1 day we had the "home" buttons to the SR main site).

So a extra link to the main SR site is probably wanted... *shrugs*, maybe it get added as a extra link. We'll see.
  5. Fiskie

Fiskie tf2bazaar founder Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26166446
    [​IMG]

looks fine to me OP.
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Gonna have to agree here about making the sr logo go back to the main page - already a few ways to get back to the "Home" of the forums with clicking home or drop down to home...but there is no way to get back to the main from any where on the forums unless you click someone's profile.
  7. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    Check where the SteamRep logo and the "home" link actually go to.
  8. Fiskie

Fiskie tf2bazaar founder Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26166446
    Did I spend time modifying the page source only for you to miss the joke
  9. Duskfall -a^DF

Duskfall -a^DF New User

Steam:
    Apparently.
  10. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

hehe, all sublinks to "home", at least nobody would get lost...
  11. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    I sort of have to agree. I find it VERY difficult to go back to the scammer search tool once I frequent the forums. It would be nice if everything was more streamlined. If you have a top link that says Forums, shouldn't the Home button take you to the search tool. Is it so hard to rename it from Home to Search and have Search as the primary tab? I think that is the top #1 use of this site and should be very easy to access at any time. I find I often have 2 tabs in my chrome open for steamrep just because I can not go back to the search. Since I like to look for pending or even past declined cases when i search someone's id64, it would be nice to have it as an easy back and forth navigate through the same browser tab. Also, when i click forum on the search page it always opens into a new tab. If this became a back and forth navigation that option should be eliminated back to open on self. Just my 2 cents as a web designer. :)
  12. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36236835
    I personally just use the middlemen option. It has the search bar just like the SR homepage, only difference is there is no stream of recent searches and scammers.
    Dronefly likes this.
  13. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    ooooh.. thats a nice little trick :) THANKS!