1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198047424837 - (Lucy Briggs / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Existing Fault, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Existing Fault

Existing Fault Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:43579554
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198047424837 (Lucy Briggs)

Appeal Plea: I committed the offense(s), I admit it
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, I committed no fraud or had no direct victims
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    I do not have any alternate Steam accounts.​

Appeal description:
    The reason I am appealing today is that my case is for me attempting to scam items from espyboys, I know what I have done is wrong. From the moment that happened, I stopped, I didn't do it again, I've seen the report just plastered as unaccepted on here for ages and I dredded this day when it would get accepted.

I ask to appeal because I attempted to scam items, I stole nothing from him and thus, I cannot repay the victim for I did not take. And even if I wanted to repay espyboys, I could not, he has been offline for a while; http://steamcommunity.com/id/espyboy/

I don't have a screenshot of the only time I spoke to him years after what happened, but I did speak to him and I did apologize.​
  2. Existing Fault

Steam:
    So, I know technically, this counts me as me bumping the thread, but it has been 15 days, I am wondering if any admins have questions for this? If not, then I'll be fine waiting. Thank you.
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
  4. Existing Fault

Steam:
    Are you asking in terms of favourite color; or in terms of favourite drink color? :p
  5. Existing Fault

Steam:
    But... I'll have to say... Yes.

I mean Red xD
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    "change of heart" is kinda like "no contest", nothing really is in dispute, not many followup questions are needed.

Have you added him back and apologized? Maybe offer a small token of forgiveness? (If you do, just make sure to screenshot any/all chat and submit it)
  7. Existing Fault

Steam:
    Yes, I added him a few years back, yes I apologized, I have asked if he does forgive me, he said yes, no I don't have screenshots xD
    And he's been offline for the better part of... 83 days. So, this will be kind of hard to message him now so I doubt he could get back to me.
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    What do you see as an appropriate outcome for your case and why?
  9. Existing Fault

Steam:
    An outcome; I see either going from Banned to either Caution or Clear and why is because I have conformed from that, ever since this one incident aka my only report, I have changed my ways. But my words can't influence the choices of the admins, so whatever I say, its up to them, ya get me?
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    What assurance do we have?
  11. Existing Fault

Steam:
    Well, I can't say its proof but, if you check reports filed against me, there being only one, why would I have to do that again?
    What benefits are there of being a scammer; I can't use Fortress of Gamers Servers, I can't use Bot Trading Users, I can't use Scrap.TF, I can't use some Trading Servers and I really feel that yes, I have done this horrid deed, but why would I do such a thing again? I am a trader, if I wasn't a trader, then this issue wouldn't bother me, I would be fine keep the Tag, but being a trader, I find this Tag to be a bit of a Bear Trap on my leg.
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    If you were the admin handling this case, what justification would you use to either downgrade to caution or remove?
  13. Existing Fault

Steam:
    This... this is now confusing me. I'm not intelligent enough to answer this question, so I have no idea, I apologise if this isn't a suitable answer YATO but I just do not know.
  14. Existing Fault

Steam:
    Okay... I think, I have more knowledge... The justification would be to look at any present reports sent in that affect the user; such as; another Scam Report, then I would have to think long and hard about it, but because there isn't another report to this users name, I would consider how serious this situation is and consider putting it down to a Caution, if not removal altogether.
  15. Existing Fault

Steam:
    So, its been 4 weeks since my ban, and since that, the rules did point out that if the admins had any questions it would be 2 weeks after the appeal goes up. I've not had many questions and now, I'm worrying about how long it is going to take. I know I am acting a tad hysterical but all I would like is just a heads up on whats going on, please and thank you.
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
  17. Existing Fault

Steam:
    Oh, its unlocked. Hello again YATO and other staff who are reading this. How are you all doing?
  18. espyboys

espyboys New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:40959978
    Hey I was the one who started the report and I just wanted to say that I'm cool with Lucy Briggs (formerly ScoutFinley). It was a long time ago and I don't really care much about trading in TF2 anymore. To be clear I have forgiven them and I do not wish for any further punishment. If there's need for proof that I am the one who made the original report, just let me know; I think I still have the pictures on an imgur album somewhere.
  19. You Are The One

Steam:
  20. Existing Fault

Steam:
    By follow up; do you mean apologise and repay?