1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198131207799 - (Shadow The Pootis / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Charmed!, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Charmed!

Charmed! Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:85471035
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198131207799 (Shadow The Pootis)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:
    76561198149825652, 76561198126287162​

Appeal description:
    Original report

Hello there.

I decided to appeal ealier than I expected because it might take a long while till this appeal gets accepted/denied.

First off, it was absolutely true what happened over 13 months ago. I returned the item almost instantly as soon as I found out that SteamRep exists. Yesterday, I hoped that an admin of SR closes the report after suggesting it in his Steam comment section but he did the contrary. Before this happened, I tried to contact an admin to close the report but noone cared about that.

I really wanted to change a strange item with an equipped strange part with the same strange item without strange item because I wanted to sell it in the Steam market. I thought that someone else should get this equipped strange part for free so I was looking for owners of this item. I found someone, added him and I wanted to trade him. I guess he declined it and I got the trade offer a few seconds later. I was totally confused at this moment because he put his strange item in a field but there was nothing on my side. I accepted the trade offer which was like a gift to me and that's how I handled it. My very old response to this: "You gave it as a gift but changing is more safe.". I've returned the scammed item 10 - 20 hours later.

Now I've already learned that doing this is completely wrong. Punishing other people because of mistakes like this. Shame on me.

I'm generally a fair and friendly trader. No scam happened before and after this. (My other serious problem is the permanently ban on Outpost because I had a friends only inventory and then I used an alternate account to primary find a moderator because noone really cared about my appeal. The moderator unbanned me and I got the second permanently ban 5 minutes later because I used Outpost to find him. Now I need an admin there, can't use Outpost and I'm waiting since months.)

I've never traded and tried to scam on my alternate accounts. The first alternate account exists because I tested TF2 and played another F2P game much. The second alternate account might exist because I had no access to the passwords in the HDD of a defective PC I had. Both alternate accounts are inactive and I probably deleted their passwords from all my disk drives to never use them again.

I have no idea how you'll handle this appeal but I have a request: Please, remove the ban and don't change it into a caution. I want to be completely free. I really hope I deserve a completely second chance. If you think I don't deserve this at the moment, please think about removing the ban a year later.

The attached files are only there if I forgot something in this case. Please don't care about them too much.

Thank you for your time reading and responding to this, SR admins.

Greetings​

Attached Files:

2. Charmed!

Steam:
    Updated: I found the password to go online at one of my alternate accounts and I was a minute online to be sure that every privacy setting is set to public.

The following might not be interesting to you:

I'm waiting the 14. month to be clear at SR and actually I'm interested to get an expensive Spy loadout. I'd like to use backpack to get this loadout a way easier and a little bit cheaper but now I'm banned there because of the SR ban. This shouldn't be the most important ban appeal in the forum but I only want that someone cares. I'd rather wait a week instead of two months for a decision. I just wanted to tell you that next to the update.
  3. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Lava likes this.
  4. Charmed!

Steam:
    Hello, Roudydogg1.

#9 is done since roughly 14 months. I know the other points and I read them again. In some appeals, an admin responds after hours but it can take up to months like I see. #12 is also about that easy appeals will be proceeded faster than usual ones. I would call this an easy ban appeal because I returned the low worth item roughly 14 months ago, the victim made it public that he got it back and we learned about our mistakes.

Greetings
  5. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Read #9 again, then:

"In all cases we ask that the victim leaves a reply on the open report of their case or on the appeal topic regarding the outcome of the repayment."
  6. Charmed!

Steam:
  7. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    @Charmed! Re-read all of #9. Especially the following:
    Your case is anything but easy.
  8. Charmed!

Steam:
    Hello, Lava.

I read #9 a few times again like you requested it. I already know that I can fail with this ban appeal but I try to think positive until the final decision. Is there something I'm supposed to add?

After this report happened, my victim became a pretty good Steam friend about a month but then he kicked me without telling me the reason and he declined all my following friend requests. There would be no problem to send him a friend request again but there is surely no warranty that he accepts me and we can talk about this ban appeal.

Greetings
  9. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I was simply pointing out it's not the "easy" case you make it out to be. Cases like yours are usually some of the harder ones, and just because you repaid (if you repaid) doesn't mean your appeal will automatically be granted.
  10. Charmed!

Steam:
    Just in case.

Attached Files:

11. Charmed!

Steam:
    Sorry, I have a little request.

@Lava , @SilentReaper(SR) , would you give me a final date which this ban appeal will be Under Investigation, please?

Almost 14 months are done since the report was created and I wait all the time. Seriously, I think a way too often about this ban.
    I don't wanna wait years till a decision which tells me that my permanently ban by SR will be removed or not.
    It could be so easy if you check everything within 15 minutes and tell me something like "Okay, you repaid the item 14 months ago and hopefully learned about it. There is your second chance... #25: Your appeal was granted, what now?". Please, care about this request and excuse me for writing that. It's not supposed to be a bump.

Greetings
  12. Container of Coffee

Container of Coffee New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53536806
    Hi, I'm the victim of the scam of this particular person some time (29 april 2014) ago.
    I was instructed to give my opinions on the matter.
    We agreed to do a Cute Suit swap. His Cute Suit (see https://backpack.tf/stats/Strange/Cute%20Suit/Tradable/Craftable) with parts for my Cute Suit without parts,
    as he had no use for the part (details are in the scam report thread).
    I accidentally sent him a trade offer containing only my side of the deal.
    He accepted the trade, and deleted me from his friend's list.
    As far as I knew, not honoring a trade agreement can get someone listed as a scammer.
    For this reason, I gave this person a choice:
    he could refund within a certain time frame and I'd forgive him, or I'd report him to SteamRep.
    I gave him a couple of hours, which seemed reasonable to me. It'd be clear whether he had any
    intentions of honouring the agreement.
    Some time passed, and I posted the report on steamrep.
    After this, the person did add me back up some time later to return my items. (And he has been on my friend's list since, excluding a little period of isolation)
    As I'm not too unreasonable, I decided to forgive the person, though the report did go through in the end.
  13. Charmed!

Steam:
    Thank you for your statement I've requested at this morning.

I want to admit that I found this person's profile through the Steam Market when it was possible to open Steam profiles through the market. I bought the cheapest Cute Suit with a cosmetic part equipped (such as this one https://backpack.tf/stats/Unique/Strange Cosmetic Part: Assists/Tradable/Craftable/0 ) and had no use of it. So I returned to the item page on the Steam Market, looked for someone who could need the Cute Suit with equipped part to sell his/her Cute Suit quicker and found this person to give my cosmetic part away.

I added this person, we agreed to trade the items and after some procrastination due to Steam, this person (aka victim) decided to create the trade offer and sent it, so I only had to accept it. I found out that my Cute Suit wasn't added in trade window before accepting the trade. Unfortunately, I took advantage of it and was ruthless in my mind. At the moment this happened, I was much rather vindictive and rather not greedy for receiving the wrong trade offer.

It's almost the same in real life when you have to pay for something, the credit card won't be accepted, you pay with hardcash, receive a change of $ 5 too much from the seller and want to keep the money because the seller didn't pay attention. I wouldn't call it a scam after all, but what I did was not okay. This is similar to what happened in a nutshell.

I returned the Cute Suit on 30th of April 2014 (25 - 32 hours later) and the report was pending over 1 year until it got accepted. I know most of this has already been said, but I improved my English a little bit and want to make it easier to understand.

It would be good if my victim's latest statement would be considered into my ban appeal, but I didn't keep myself to the following rule of your exceedingly demanding rule system:

Therefore, I think the chances to get unbanned are slim to non-existent.
  14. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    After a review of the report and the appeal, their is insufficient evidence to support a true CoH claim.

Repayment was after report submitted, after you already saw it and replied with your alternate account (pretending it was not actually you btw, this is lying/lying by omission in the report against you) not because it was a mistake, your intent was clear as day, this negated any timely repayment mitigating circumstance for your tagging. Your continued abuse in the report itself until it was locked by a mod and that you EXPECTED since you finally decided to repay you should not be tagged at all and call it a lesson learned shows ZERO actual CoH.

Appeal firmly denied.