1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Announcement Changes in Report Section

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Clive, Sep 9, 2017.

1. Clive

Clive SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:43668349
    We have made some changes to SteamREP's report section. We hope these changes will allow us to better prioritize our reports so our staff can have the most impact with the amount of time they have to volunteer. The changes will not change submitting a report, and do not have a large impact to normal users, however we want to inform users of the changes to alleviate any confusion.

What Has Changed:
    For users, not a lot. We have changed the subforums to organize processing reports. You can still submit a report the same way as before, and new reports will still go into pending reports. The way that reports are categorized when they have been processed by a moderator has been updated. Previously, reports were categorized by scam method. Now, they will be categorized by the involved game. In addition to updated categories, we will be de-prioritizing reports where the accused has already been tagged on our site by ourselves or one of our partners.

Why The Change?
    These changes have been implemented so our staff can work as effectively as possible. Our hope is that with a clean report section, it will be less overwhelming for our staff and we can work harder to process reports that have the highest impact to the community. We are de-prioritizing reports where the accused has been banned because the reports are not as impactful. Unless a user creates an appeal, an additional report/tag does not carry any additional weight. In the event of an appeal, the report will then be processed so it may be considered during the appeal process.
    What About Old Reports?
    They are not forgotten! We will still be processing backlogged reports. We will, however, continue to prioritize new reports over older reports because those users are actively scamming, and pose the biggest threat to the community. We will also be removing reports where the accused has been tagged from the backlog and prioritize reports where the accused has not been tagged.

Have other questions/concerns? Please post them here!
    Xenophobia, Enstage, Edward. and 2 others like this.
  2. One-

One- Steam Trade Ban

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:163273787
    Sir i would like to ask about my steam account happend i been trade banned with out reason i dont cheat i dont scam why i get this tradebanned of my account sir please tell me who's the person who reported me i would like to ask him why he reported me what is my fault im only trading items i never cheat people or do fraud please i will not let this happend past i already spent lot of money on my account , im innocent with i need repply

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198286813302/
  3. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    SteamRep =/= Valve, SteamRep cannot help you; you'll need to contact Steam Support.

See #15: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/