1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to trade save with Steam Users?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Cryper, Mar 12, 2018.

1. Cryper

Cryper New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:1751215
    Hello Together,

my english is not the best. But simple talk i can manage.
    So i tried to read the FAQ! But one Question is still open. This night i tried to sell an Item (PUBG) an at once 5 people add me on Steam to buy that item outside the Steam market.

But everyone from them wanted that way:

First make the offer on Steam > Then PayPal paying.

I wanted:

First Paying > Then offer on Steam for my safety.

So please tell me dear Community.

What is the right way you suggest? How shall we trade on Steam? How do you do? How to trust all that "Traders"?

Thanks a lot for your attention and help.

Cryper
  2. Cryper

Cryper New User

Steam:
    How to trade safe with Steam Users?

(Thats what i mean)
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    I can't understand what you're asking very well, but...
    1. Read/Translate this guide as best as you can: https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/safetrading
    2. Beware of these warning signs: https://forums.steamrep.com/pages/obviousalts
    3. Keep everything in the trade window, unless you're specifically looking for PayPal. No outside-Steam trades, no funny business with community market, no logging into websites, no "You trade me first then I trade" nonsense, etc. If you don't know (or care) how to trade for PayPal, and someone asks you about it, they're usually a scammer.
    Hope that helps...
    Cryper likes this.
  4. Cryper

Cryper New User

Steam:
    Hello Lava,

thank you for answering me. The Page about safetrading i read. But i really not that good in english. But maybe one simple question you can answer me.

What exactrly happen in Steam, when i make an offer to another? Is the Item gone at once? You tell me to let everything in the trade window. So Do i have to confirm or how exactry does the system "Trade offer" work in Steam?

Maybe someone is German here and can help me in German in a simple way.

Thank you for your help Lava (and others).

Cryper
  5. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=2178-QGJV-0708

You should get some dialog walking you through the process the first time you open a trade offer window. Select everything you're offering in the top portion, select everything you want in the bottom portion, check a box to confirm, and click the "send offer" button. If the other person likes your offer, they'll accept, and then everything you offered will be moved from your inventory to theirs, while everything you selected from their items will be moved to yours.
  6. Cryper

Cryper New User

Steam:
    Well thats not my problem. This is clear.

But what if someone will ofer me money for the item. Money outside the market. How should i proceed?
  7. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Were you looking for money before they offered?
  8. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Most of the offers you get for SKIN --> $$$ based trading outside of the steam market will probably be scams.

EVEN IF you do, 1. Send PayPal, 2. Trade Skin, the buyer can still CHARGEBACK and take the money back.

Be careful, only sell to people you trust.
  9. advicebanana

advicebanana SteamRep Moderator Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:11522747
    That is, ironically, very much along the lines of what scammers say often. The fact that you believe that about yourself might make you more inclined to believe it about someone else.
    You should treat Steam profiles as works of fiction.
    As Gentleman already mentioned, most people that supposedly buy items for cash are scammers.
    Account age is meaningless, since hijacked/sold accounts are so abundant. Leveling up is way cheaper than you think. Profile comments are exchanged by scammers and/or useful idiots. Don't get me started on supposed proofs of trades. If you find that sort of thing, it's devoid of context and impossible to accurately verify.
    If you consider trading with somebody, don't ask yourself if they are trustworthy. Ask yourself how feasible it would be for them to screw you over.
    You just deleted an account with a level over 100 that had a scammer tag which might help illustrate my points.

That is my personal opinion.

Stay safe and don't feed the scammers.
    Peace.
  10. Alynutz

Alynutz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:184698853
    yes, u know this method is working for every time. Not talk everyone friend's.
    -rep this scammers + report profile please ->
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Thank you for read this message. I'm appreciete for -rep this scammer, for no have problemes!
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 13, 2018
  11. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Alynutz Your post was edited and the users info was hidden - this isn't a discussion to apply that towards nor would it warrant its own thread here.
    We don't deal with -rep/+rep situations or have that here.