1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Why This website needs to be shut down

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Darksiders110, Apr 13, 2018.

1. Darksiders110

Darksiders110 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:197413907
    I'd like to point out some major mistakes and how Steamrep handle things. The community need to do something about it because Steamrep is doing more bad than good.
    Steamrep refuse to help my report and refuse to close the scammer's report -

Mattie, AkA the head admin of Steamrep is lying and trying to convince Bobsplosion (one of the richest backpacks and new PPM owner) on partnership - http://i.imgur.com/sSZ9fYu.png

Fake rep isn't supported by SR, should be handled by bp.tf - http://forums.backpack.tf/index.php...tp-ban-people-with-0-proof/page-3#entry358114, Eoj (HG head admin) response:

Some of you probably think it's more detailed and one-sided and trust Steamrep more than me. Clearly, Steamrep assist and give partners easier access to more chances. Here's a GoV admin (Steamrep partnership site) who get THREE extra chances - http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.80034/#post-220566 , http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.84876/#post-233025

Other communities trust Steamrep even tho they don't read the reports or anything. They just take Steamrep's "word" for it. Example: http://puu.sh/gHU6B/54f4396828.jpg

Steamrep concept and how it was made is great, they've just run into so many problems and handle reports and their backlogs are insane.. We cannot rely on Steamrep anymore and we either need to research on other sites (i.e rep.tf, trading sites) or replace Steamrep with something new.

Valve itself should make it. All the false reports, everything!
    Valve can handle false reports, steamrep is too tiny for that.
    SteamRep has the ability to f✿✿✿ you over for pretty much any reason (in this case, a s✿✿✿ head trader). Once a report is filed, you may as well have a giant mark on your profile saying "DON'T TRADE WITH THIS GUY!" regardless of if you're innocent or not. The fact that reports can sit there for months and months without being touched, yet still affect you negatively, is unacceptable.

and steamrep prefers users over others. You have no role in the community unless you are an admins friend and this fullscreen policy is bullshit

I might ask for a lot, but I mainly just wanna get the message out - "This website cannot be trusted."

So im going to walk around with a fake mark on my name and never be able to trade because This website cannot understand between a fake report and an actual report
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/ #'s 1 thru 5 are probably honestly relevant to you, on the d0 issues I have my opinions but no intentions on starting an argument. As for backlog, as a friend community and user of the site I personally don't see an insane backlog, and I would know, I'm here browsing the appeals every single day. But don't take my word for it, look for yourself.

GL.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Before I address this, let me ask you something, openly and honestly:

Did you read any of that yourself? Or did you simply search Google for "corrupt steamrep" and then paste whatever you found without looking at it?​

Tell the truth, I won't judge. I'm not asking this to dismiss your concerns - I'll be more than happy to talk about any or all of the points you mentioned if you want - but if you haven't even read what you posted, then how can I possibly hope to explain any of it?

If you really do have specific concerns you want to talk about, then please stick with those so we can have an actual discussion, instead of a list of talking points you found on Reddit.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: SteamRep Friend Members, SteamRep Partner Members).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    [M&C] TheBluekr likes this.
  4. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @Lava

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. Darksiders110

Steam:
    The point im trying to make is that a random moderator shouldn't decide who to ban or not

The report against me lacked evidence and was similar to another report that you guys declined and the offender was a Scambot

Steam does its job and can tradeban up to the point where you can never trade again but a 3rd party website shouldn't ban someone because although lacking evidence they ban them anyway as with steam support more than 1 collaborate to appeal or ban you. And I hate to say this but steam support is 10x faster

And this website leads innocent people into becoming scammers If they get 1 mark .they will just live their lives with a huge mark on them and after their appeal gets declined they find out that they can make a profit by scamming and end up having more problems on their hands
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 14, 2018
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    I realize this is probably semantics, but to clarify for anyone else reading, our moderators can't make that decision, only admins.

So if I understand your concern correctly, your complaint is that a 3rd-party should not be "banning" anyone in Steam? Just to clarify what we do here, the purpose of a "Banned" tag isn't to punish or discourage scamming - it never will. It's a warning label for profiles who have demonstrated they're unsafe to trade with based on a history of fraud. We're serving a completely different purpose from Steam Support: You report scams to us in hopes of preventing other people from getting scammed in the future, while you report to Steam Support for punishment/retribution. Steam Support will act directly on the account, while we maintain a publicly searchable database of known scammers, with an API that some websites use to keep their community clean. Because our purpose is more of a warning label, the "ban" is permanent. You'll notice you aren't even banned from using our own website. It's more of a shared ban list used by communities who acknowledge scammers exist, don't allow scammers to participate in their community. You're not "banned" in Steam, just labeled as a scammer, which means unless you exonerate yourself in an appeal, you're unwelcome in communities that ban scammers.

Quite a few people would disagree with your assessment of Steam Support. Even in my own experience, very few profiles I myself report for scamming ever get banned. Of those who do, sometimes go on scamming sprees lasting months or years before getting banned. Even through direct channels, blatant phishing websites I report often go unfiltered for months, while scammers cycle them out within hours or days to cover their tracks. For a few years, Steam Support even frequently trade banned impersonation victims due to the volume of scam reports without even looking at trade history. So while I get you're unhappy with us, and Valve undoubtedly has better tools available for researching claims, I think it's a bit of a stretch to say they're better or even necessarily faster.

Innocent people get marked due to mistakes on our end. It's rare, and really unfortunate, but usually caught and overturned fairly quickly during an appeal. Like Steam Support, we're only human and we can make mistakes from time to time. Specifically in order to prevent innocent traders from getting caught in crossfire, we hold a high evidence requirement that people such as yourself and others often complain about when their report isn't accepted.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
  7. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    This is just a reminder that discussion about specific reports and appeals should take place in their respective sections only, not in the general section.
  8. Darksiders110

Steam:
    But what if im reporting the website because the admins are slower than Steam support when banning innocent users
  9. Darksiders110

Steam:
    "It's a warning label for profiles who have demonstrated they're *unsafe* to trade with based on a history of fraud"

Well how does the head admin of a trade community get 4 chances on trading after making 5 sorry appeals
  10. Darksiders110

Steam:
  11. Darksiders110

Steam:
  12. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Unfortunately, General Discussion is meant for discussion or questions of a general nature. Any reference to an actual case, report or appeal, should not be made here. Since this thread started off in a general nature, I will not lock it this time. Please do not reference any specific reports or appeals in the future or you will receive a warning and this thread will be locked.
  13. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
  14. Darksiders110

Steam:
    So you admit you traded with scammers
  15. Lava

SteamRep Admin: