1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Cant pm

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Blue whiskY, May 10, 2018.

1. Blue whiskY

Blue whiskY Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55929098
  2. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    I just want to get my problem fixed but its extra hard when i run into things like this
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    It's possible the admin adjusted their profile privacy settings to not allow PMs. In response to your question about expediting your appeal, you can find the answer in our Appeal Tips sticky, found in the appeal section. In particular, you should pay special note to the following point(s):
    #15: Bumping your appeal
    #16: Time-frame of appeals
    #27: I want to talk with a admin / Interview for my appeal

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  4. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    So when a bump happens does that set the appeal to the back of the appeal line? Just wondering since it says on the rules list that they are taken from oldest to newest. I actually am confused by that as well because I always see the newest cases solved first and right away as the day they come out. When some cases as mine have not been responded to since 2017. Personally my case was started in 2016 and still has not been resolved is there any limit to which a case has been active for to long?
  5. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    Sorry but I just feel as some of the rules in the book are not clear enough as the appeal order. Which ones are solved first??? the oldest or newest?
  6. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Appeal tips say nothing about going back to the front of the queue with a new reply.
    We sort by thread creation date, not last reply.
  7. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    huh YATO said that somewhere along the lines whenever you bump it sends you to the back of the appeal line if I don't recall for sure what he said. But if its thread date that dictates which ones are done first why are ones made in 2017 and 2018 being solved before the 2013 ones?
  8. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Some appeals are taken out of order if certain conditions are met. No, you cannot forcibly meet those conditions yourself.

Among the circumstances we take a case out of order are:
    • hijacking cases (they're given higher priority by policy),
    • audited cases after we catch the reporter submitting fake evidence,
    • appeals older than 2 years where the appellant is still active,
    • those appeals routinely pre-screened for obvious issues before they get added to the backlog.
  9. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    "appeals older than 2 years where the appellant is still active"
    My appeal was made in the start of 2016 mine is nearly 3 yet I don't see any special action being taken.
    I know I'm not supposed to bring up cases in this forum but I'm just using my case as a reference.
    I just don't see these rules being followed to full extent when appealing.
  10. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    Your appeal: Dec 9, 2016
    Today is: May 14, 2018
    Screen Shot 2018-05-14 at 8.18.24 AM.png
    That's a little under 1.5 years, not "nearly 3".

By policy, staff are not allowed to discuss specific cases in general discussion. This is in the interest of not passing premature judgement (which may preclude staff from working your case), remaining impartial when/if they end up handling your case, and to prevent the general general discussion forum from turning into the request for preferential treatment forum. Reports go in the report section, appeals in the appeal section; not here.

General discussion about policies, procedures, and why we do things the way we do is fine, but if you continue using this forum to expedite your case - before all those other appellants waiting longer than 2 years who didn't try to leverage preferential treatment from the general discussion forum - we will have no choice but to lock your thread.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  11. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    yeah I just used my case as an example I'm just trying to get a better understanding on when appeals are solved I wont be using forums to expedite my appeals I'm just having a hard time understanding all the complications of the rules.
  12. Blue whiskY

Steam:
    also where can I find this request for preferential treatment forum?
  13. Lava

SteamRep Admin:
    There isn't one. We try to be fair to everyone, so we have no intention of making one. Hence why I said the rule is intended to prevent general discussion from becoming exactly that.
    Roudydogg1 and a Gentleman like this.