1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

I am not sure if he's scamming because he WAS a moderator but not anymore

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by TRGraphixx, Jun 20, 2018.

1. TRGraphixx

TRGraphixx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:419170235
    Hello!

WHAT HAPPENED
    Yesterday I found someone who wants to trade my knife. He told me that he's going to search for a "trade admin" so he doesn't get scammed. I am new to trading so we waited for someone called "GamerTroid(New Acc)" who should join our Chat conversation. Then I traded my knife to him because the other one told me that has already traded with him several times. But then I saw he was displayed as a moderator but as "GamerTroid" not as "GamerTroid(New Acc)" (he was a moderator one month ago) on this website. Then I was pretty scared so I cancelled the trade request because there was no proof that he is admin or something like this. I don't even know why should he use a "new" account.. He even said that I am going to get a TRADE BAN (i don't know i permanent or temporary or whatever he means).

No proofs that he is and admin
    And know I don't know what to do. I've already taken back the trade and I'll get the knife back in a week or something like that but I don't want to get a trade ban because i am kind of a complete innocent. He has to have proofs that he is admin so everyone trusts him but he doesn't.

Copy & Paste
    When he was chatting with us kind of everything was copy and paste he told the same things kind of EVERYTIME.

Like:
    His profile
    There's nothing special on this profile.
    His "new" Account: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198160781665/
    His "real" Account: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Gamertroid/

NOTE: His real profile says that he NOT an ADMIN anymore! But he told me that he's STILL and ADMIN but he lied to me.

The chat (but just with a few changes because it's not allowed to publish the exact same chat history without his permission):

End of the text
    This is what I experienced yesterday. I hope you can help me and tell me what's going on there. If you need more information just tell me.

Best regards,
    TRGraphix
  2. TRGraphixx

TRGraphixx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:419170235
    btw sorry for my bad english
  3. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    yes, that is a scammer, not an admin
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
  5. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Just because someone says they're the real Gamertroid (or his alt) doesn't mean they are. Everything you described is a typical "Steam admin" scam. He's just trying to scare you into giving him your items by threatening you with a ban, and he's using Gamertroid's name to look credible.
    Because his accounts keep getting banned for scamming, and he's not really an admin.
  6. Erik

Erik New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:65618425
    Impersonator scam.