1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How to eradicate bot scan??my friends cant make an offer to me..also in the site like vpgame.com

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by UmA ThurmAn TRADEIT.GG, Oct 10, 2018.

1. UmA ThurmAn TRADEIT.GG

UmA ThurmAn TRADEIT.GG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:93879230
    Help me pls..they will auto reject the offer and make a new offer with a bot.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This isn't how you submit a report - if you get out of the blue offers just decline them.
    If they have context like I see one of those has from someone pretending to be a bot you can report that.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/forms/scam-report.10/respond
    Make sure you follow screenshot guidelines
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2018
  3. Nebras

Nebras New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:92811415
    do you mean that offers sent to you are being auto declined?, that's what I understand from what you said, if so, then you have logged in to a phishing site, change your Steam password and make sure to log out all other devices.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    That means someone else has your Steam password and is hoping you don't notice their trade redirection. Aside from spam getting posted as you, this is what usually happens to traders who gave away their password.
    1. Change your password immediately, and change it anyplace else you use the same password, especially email or anything with the same username.
    2. Revoke any API keys you or the scammer may have set here: https://steamcommunity.com/dev/apikey
      • If you don't know what an API key is, but still see one here, that's something the scammer will use to still keep control over your account.
      • If you do use an API key, you should consider it compromised, revoke it, and set up a new one on your application.
    3. De-authorize all other devices here: https://store.steampowered.com/twofactor/manage
    4. If you still have trouble, contact Steam Support at https://help.steampowered.com/ I don't work for Steam Support, which means I don't have access to do anything for you. I'm only giving you advice based on common hijacking scams.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  5. UmA ThurmAn TRADEIT.GG

Steam:
    Tnx for the info..but the main concern for me now is ,when i deposit from the site it will automatically reject the offer..the fake bots cannot make an offer as for now..

Attached Files:

6. schmed

schmed r/globaloffensivetrade moderator Partner Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52746850
    The two issues are one and the same. The reason you cannot deposit on to a third party website is because someone has your account information. Once you secure your Steam account then the scammer will no longer be able to decline trade offers. If you follow all of the instructions provided by Lava then it should fully resolve your issue.
  7. UmA ThurmAn TRADEIT.GG

Steam:
    Thank you bro..how to make API key
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    What's happening is the scammer is logged in as you, and set up a script to automatically look for any incoming or outgoing trades, so he can quickly decline and redirect them to his alt and steal your items.
    Why would you do that? Is someone asking you to make one? API keys provide access to your account, you shouldn't give them away.
  9. UmA ThurmAn TRADEIT.GG

Steam:
    I can now make offer to a friend in steam but in a third party site it will declined with in 30 sec gap.. i dont have an api key for now..

Attached Files:

10. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Do NOT create or give ANYONE your API key, if you've already created one, revoke it. Theres absolutely 0 reason any legitimate trading site or user could need your API key.
  11. UmA ThurmAn TRADEIT.GG

Steam: