1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How long does it take to archive a post?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by tufferdanu, Oct 29, 2018.

1. tufferdanu

tufferdanu Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61128179
    Hello everyone,
    I have questions:
    - How long does it take to archive a report posts/threads IF the reporter doesn't supply enough required evidences?
    Because It is supposed to be an aspersion and affects quite much people's honor!
    - Also about the Rejected report posts/threads, will they be deleted? Because it also affects people's honor when it appears on google searching pages.
    Thanks!
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Currently, there is no set time. I am making a big effort to get through as many of the old reports in the backlog as possible. It sucks, but I am working on something that should help you out soon enough. I agree with your second sentence.

I don't agree with this so much. Put simply, no they won't be deleted. Sometimes a report is archived because it doesn't meet our high evidence standards, but members of the community may still find the archived report useful to gauge a users trustworthiness by reviewing the evidence themself. Removing specific or all archived / rejected reports would present an even greater issue; we could be accused of censoring certain reports and protecting certain users (this is why we have a policy of not deleting any content, forum wide, except for spam).

3. tufferdanu

Steam:
    first of all, thank you for your reply.
    I'd say that, about the Rejected posts, why not? Once they were rejected (for not enough evidence) then why they will not be deleted? I mean, I'm not saying about other cases, I'm mainly focusing on the Not-Enough-Evidence cases. Saying, this one is just as same as my first question, which means it's supposed to be an aspersion. Right?
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Are you concerned with the rejected report against you that was really just a duplicate of another that is only 3 days old?
  5. tufferdanu

Steam:
    yeah i m waiting for the screenshots too :)
  6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    They will be allowed ample time to provide them.
    Also just FYI.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
    That FAQ covers many things with regards to this thread.

Rather than post this thread you could just reply to the report and provide counter evidence to support your side of the story.
  7. tufferdanu

Steam:
    I will soon
  8. tufferdanu

Steam:
    what if the reporter was banned?
  9. Enstage

Steam:
    What bearing does that have on anything? Banned users can be scammed too, they have every right to make a report. Scamming a scammer is not OK.

The only time you can't make a report is if you've previously provided fake evidence in a report.
  10. tufferdanu

Steam:
    Yo I didn't say I scammed a scammer. How did you come end up like that?
  11. Enstage

Steam:
    You said "what if the reporter was banned", which sounds like you are implying the reputation of the reporter/victim would have some bearing on your report (which I have not looked at).
  12. tufferdanu

Steam:
    I didnt say that I scammed him lol. I'm waiting for his evidences. I will always be happy to reply and help solving the problem :)
  13. Enstage

Steam:
    Not what I said either, but doesn't matter.
  14. tufferdanu

Steam:
    yeah nvm. I'm waiting for his evidences so I can reply and help solving the problem. lol