1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Question About Special SteamRep Reputation Tags

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Yvun [Trading], Nov 8, 2018.

1. Yvun [Trading]

Yvun [Trading] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:144726960
    Are these special reputations reserved only for middle men and trading subreddit moderators or do they extend further? Only asking this as I am an Admin of the Trading Global Paridise server for CS:GO and was curious as to whether or not these badges were available to admins/moderators of reputable things besides the subreddits. Thanks. -Yvun
  2. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    ADMIN tags are only granted to SteamRep admins, and specific staff (usually just the ones dealing directly with trading) of PARTNER communities (those listed under "SteamRep's Partner Communities" on the SR home page).

MIDDLEMAN tags are only granted by some partner communities (SteamRep does not have middlemen), usually to users who are already staff, have extensive trading experience and who are very well trusted in the general community.

You can find more information about the different tags on the SteamRep FAQ, under the "What do the various tags mean?" section.

EDIT: "Partner" communities can be any community (not just "subreddits") that involve trading, however, you must become a "friend" community first, more information can be found by reading the pinned threads here.
    [M&C] TheBluekr likes this.
  3. Yvun [Trading]

Yvun [Trading] New User

Steam:
    Appreciate it, any chance I can get you in touch with T-Virus (the server owner) about partnering with SteamRep? What kind of requirements are there for something like that?
  4. Enstage

Enstage SteamRep Admin Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:52569926
    Just edited my post above. Generally, we ask the community owner or other authorised person to apply to be a Friend community (friend communities do not have tags on SteamRep, you must become a friend community before becoming a partner community). More information is available in this section: https://forums.steamrep.com/forums/community-applications.32/

We would like to see communities who are dedicated to anti-fraud apply, rather than just those who want the admin/middleman tags, though.
  5. Yvun [Trading]

Yvun [Trading] New User

Steam:
    Yea I understand, I was more curious as to where these tags apply and don’t apply personally, however as the only prominent CS:GO trade server, a positive relationship with SteamRep would only be a benefit.
  6. Yvun [Trading]

Yvun [Trading] New User

Steam:
    I’ll bring it up with the owner of the server and talk with him about it to see if he would like to apply as a friend community.