1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198301649793 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ♥ Peek-A-Boob o/ ♥, Jan 10, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ♥ Peek-A-Boob o/ ♥

♥ Peek-A-Boob o/ ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51614603
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198301649793

Victim profile: 76561198063494934

What happened? Description:
    A bit of background story, the dude who tried to scam me dropped by my stream a while ago, he was a chill guy, we had some fun games together, I let him add me and we barely spoke since.

Now, as you will see from the screenshot I have of our steam chat he tried to pull the whole "need to verify your items" scam with a twist on it, not realising I do actually have 2 people added on steam who're admins and I've known a long time.​

Provide Evidence:
    [​IMG]
    Steam chat log screenshot​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please make sure you always get a full screenshot of the users profile WHILE friends, it helps verify identity.
    I'll have to check against that shortly also mobile screens are hard to review - PC is what you should provide in the future.
  3. FUTURE10S

FUTURE10S New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41803162
    Hey, I'm a mod at a TF2 content creator's Discord and I've spoken to Chaos, he's alleging his account was highjacked by a scammer. He's on an alt now trying to get his account back, but it looks like he's out of luck as he gave away literally everything he needs for his account to be stolen.

His proof:
    Discord info: The links lead to the account in the OP, as well as the YouTube channel I linked to.

Discord screenshot:

This isn't meant to dissuade any SteamRep moderators from continuing on with their investigation, but it's possible he's telling the truth.

Attached Files:

4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @FUTURE10S Typically we don't allow someone not involved with the event to post in the report per policy.
    However I will tell you this if you are in contact with the accused - they must submit a steam support ticket to recover the account.
    I will allow the report to process for another 72 hours... in the meantime I will likely be issuing a caution tag to the account till that 72hours is up.
    Once they recover the account with a proper support ticket they can post here within the next 72hours showing FULL screenshots of the ticket to validate that was the case.
    Please don't post any more in this report - just follow those instructions.
    FUTURE10S likes this.
  5. Chaos™

Chaos™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:170692032
    Hello Peek-A-Boob, yes, FUTURE10S is telling the truth. I got my account stolen 2 days ago. And yes, I uploaded that video, I have several screenshots as well, these are mostly the chat history with fake admin. I'll upload the Steam Support screenshots if I can.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2019
  6. Chaos™

Chaos™ New User

Steam:
    Steam Support screenshots.

Attached Files:

7. Chaos™

Chaos™ New User

Steam:
    Note that my account was stolen.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Chaos™
    All screenshots must be UNEDITED - do not edit them.
    Please provide them again only the PC shots of the steam support ticket pls..again do NOT edit them.
  9. Chaos™

Chaos™ New User

Steam:
    I have to upload a few of them censored, since I originally have them censored. And the reason I uploaded them censored because they included my personel info, such as account name and credit card info. But I may upload them (as many as I can) if you want. Just tell me.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Review our screenshot guidelines and it will show you ways to cover things without editing..do not edit the images.
  11. Chaos™

Chaos™ New User

Steam:
    Can you give me the link please? Also, I won't be able to post anything because it's night here, and I need to take a sleep.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  13. Chaos™

Chaos™ New User

Steam:
    Okay, so lemme start from the beginning. A few days ago (like 2 or 3), in the night, I was surfing on the net casually and I decided to take a look at Steam. I saw a new comment and it was saying like "dude you need to add me, I might have done something awful by accident". Then I added that guy ( https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198126385559/ ) and he told me that he accidentally accused/reported me for having duped items. Then he told me to add this person ( https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198342993623 ) who's a Steam admin (as far as he told me), he then said that this Steam admin could help me. I added that (fake) admin, and we started talking. (fake) admin told me that he needed my items to be sure and my account to delete the reports and stuff. (quick note: he sent me this image: https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....984/BB14611CC1E64A2559EEE4A80C42E1CD74DCD13A/ , which was really scary for me) I gave the items (to one of the "(fake) admin"s accounts) and then I gave him the account. Then, the rest is history. He harrassed most of my friends (even my Turkish friends, by using a translating app/site) and he also got the account of one of my old friends, Hell Fire's account. (Hell Fire took it back, without his items like I did) I heard the problem and started to take back my account (I was on my alt account). Then I contacted Steam Support and took back the account.

Attached Files:

14. Chaos™

Chaos™ New User

Steam:
    More screenshots. I had to edit one, because I took that screenshot on my phone and couldn't block it, regretfully.

Attached Files:

15. Chaos™

Chaos™ New User

Steam:
    Discord screenshots.

Attached Files:

16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Those are ok - thanks .
    As the support stated you need to make sure you secure your system, don't log into places that you don't trust. Be aware many sites will prompt fake yet real looking steam logins.. make sure it is legit! Never give out password and info to anyone - as you are responsible for your account at all times.
    I'm Archiving report based on the above and that the user accused was in fact compromised.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.