1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

User Banned on SR Unmarked After Becoming A Donor?? WTF

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Aeonian Carpaya, May 24, 2019.

1. Aeonian Carpaya

Aeonian Carpaya Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:424160527
    This user has scammed me once several years ago, and then attempted again in the past two months. Previously, he had been banned on SteamRep. Just for s✿✿✿s and giggles, I went to check if he was still banned, and to my surprise, he isn't?
    Conveniently, today, he became a Tier 1 Donor on SR... Why is he no longer banned?

He uses his reputation and high steam level to steal people's items and give them code with back-doors that hijack items.

SteamRep, if you allow this person to continue to manipulate the platforms, you are not doing your job.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I just looked and as of today any NEW donators were never Tagged/Banned here at any time.
  3. Aeonian Carpaya

Steam:
    This person WAS banned and is not banned any longer. He has scammed tens of users, including myself.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I will say it again - I just looked.... We had 3 users donate TODAY...none of those 3 users were tagged/banned here at any time.
    I'm not going to list accounts but that is all we have today and none of them were tagged/banned here at any time.
  5. Aeonian Carpaya

Steam:
    I know for a fact that this user was banned.
    You guys have messed up something here. You're allowing a person to look more reputable so he can continue to scam.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You're welcome to PM me the users ID64 that you feel was and I will double check, but we don't have anything "messed up here"... a tagged user can't donate for starters.
    We also check each user that does for any issues... we most certainly would not allow a user to donate to get out of a tag - absolutely not.
  7. Aeonian Carpaya

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Admin Hidden
    Last edited by a moderator: May 25, 2019
  8. -raul-

-raul- New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:466745
    People are actively encouraged to not trust based on donation statuses, level, and etc.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I've hidden that post - I had said earlier I wasn't going to post accounts and you don't need to either.
    It isn't or wouldn't be fair to someone else whom isn't guilty of any wrong doing to post their info up like that.

Now I've looked at that account and it has NEVER been Banned or Tagged here.. not once.
  10. Aeonian Carpaya

Steam:
    There is no question that he was banned. Something is wrong here. He was banned/marked before...
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The user was not banned/tagged here before.
    You must be thinking "Unconfirmed Reports" They may have had a few that were rejected, archived or invalidated for whatever reason but certainly was never banned/marked/tagged here before.
    You can do a search here of the user's ID64 and it will show you all reports if the user has any and their status.. not a single one was Accepted which would result in a Banned tag here.
  12. Aeonian Carpaya

Steam:
    Okay. This person HAS scammed me in the past. Unfortunately it was in a manner that cannot be reported here. You should take note of the people that have many reports on them, because they may be lacking sufficient evidence to prove definitively that they are scammers, but they could also be manipulating the system in a way that allows them not to get banned. This user has been scamming people since 2016 and is still at large.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Just because someone was reported here doesn't mean they are guilty of anything - Innocent till Proven Guilty is usually how it works anywhere even here. That is why we investigate them and determine if per our Investigative policies and procedures they are found to have done what was reported. The same could be said about someone reporting you at some point because they felt you scammed them..without proper evidence or proof the report would be rejected. If someone else reported you a month later for a similar situation and again not enough evidence it too would be rejected.
    I'm assuming at this point you would not be ok with someone saying "take note of how many reports you have" and would also say you were manipulating the system in some way to avoid a banned tag? I'm sure you wouldn't agree with that.

So with saying that it would be noted that you agree that the user was never tagged/banned here at any time and you were in fact just looking at past reports the user had.

I can assure you and anyone else reading this that nobody is manipulating anything here with SteamRep or its Staff. If the report doesn't have the proper evidence or is not covered in our Investigative Policy for what we can review, then the reports will not be accepted.

At the end of the day SteamRep's purpose here is to Educate the trading public and provide them the tools to research users prior to making a trade. If they research that user and see those past reports they have all that data in front of them to decide for themselves same would apply with you and this thread you made here and the reports you've created in the past. All of this information is searchable and easy to find.
    We can not stop users from Trading - Only Valve can do that so if you feel as if you need to inform them of that users bad deeds then you are welcome to submit a ticket to them