1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198161202439 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Lucky201, May 30, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lucky201

Lucky201 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:104174856
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198161202439

Victim profile: 76561198168615440

What happened? Description:
    So basically he added me because I was posting about a couple of LDLC and Titan holos I had on some guns. so for about a week, I was asking him for advice for the offers I was getting from people, from Reddit and steam. I told him in the discussion we were in that ill take a hit on the prices because I needed money asap for vet bills due to my dog getting sick. He then said he was interested and would pay $70.00 for my skins. Since I am new to pc and just got a couple of decent skins, he knew I wasn't a frequent trader, so he told me to look at his profile which I saw all his knives and the 70+ comments of people saying he's a good trader and he's very fair. people in the comments were saying how they went first and he paid after no problem, so I thought why not, he been giving me advice, I need the money desperately, so I did it and sent him the skins, 2 seconds later, I get the message saying he sent it and then blocked right after. tried making another steam to message him but can't because you have to put 5 dollars in to add friends. So I don't know what to do, my gut was telling me not to trust him, but his profile showed so much positive feedback that I thought I was just being skeptical and nervous for my first trade. I don't know how to get in contact with him, or what I should do. He saw me as a new trader and a vulnerable person because I was desperate for the money, and decided to take advantage of that.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Lucky201 You do realize this user is already banned/tagged for paypal scamming right? Did you not see that or did you see it and just ignored it?
  3. Lucky201

Lucky201 New User

Steam:
    no i had no idea this website even existed, like i said was my first time doing an actual trade with someone
  4. Lucky201

Lucky201 New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Fair enough

Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade..full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Also please review this screenshot guide should you require assistance:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  6. Lucky201

Lucky201 New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2019
  7. Lucky201

Lucky201 New User

Steam:
    pictures above, dont know if i have to quote this and write something or simply a comment will send you a notification
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Report accepted - added the last note to that user - No more reports will be reviewed for them.
    Our tags serve as a warning already - no matter how many times we place notes - if the warning isn't viewed there isn't anything more we can help with.
    Make sure you report the user to Valve if you haven't already!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.