1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198045179882 - ([None] No items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by King of Doges, Sep 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. King of Doges

King of Doges Unconfirmed Reports

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25363912
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [None] No items

Accused profile: 76561198045179882

Victim profile: 76561198010993553

What happened? Description:
    Summary: The guy scam me of a giftcard, sells it for paypal to another person, and then try to buy CS:GO Keys with paypal.

On /r/dogemarket (a subreddit), I was selling my $100 Starbucks eGift Card for $70 worth of dogecoins (cryptocurrency, like BTC). /u/rojuslap123 contacted me to buy the giftcard. He had more reputation than me on there, so I was obliged to go first. He asked me if he could sell it to someone else on /r/gcx for profit before sending me the dogecoin. I said yes. He doesn't respond and so 4 hours later, I checked his profile to find out that he had already sold the Starbucks to /u/confused9 2 hours before. /u/confused9 said that /r/rojuslap123 sold it to him for $60 paypal. Obviously he would sell it at a higher price to make profit, but since he didn't its clear that he scammed.

As of right now, he is currently trying to buy CS:GO keys with that paypal before it could be chargeback by /u/confused​

Provide Evidence:
    Pm with Accused 1 is the first part of my conversation with the accused

Pm with Accused 2 is the second part.

Pm with confused9 is evidence from /u/confused9 that he was sold the card at a 60% rate

https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffe...jw5n0/h_50_dollars_in_paypal_w_keys_195_each/ This link shows his attempt to buy keys with the paypal before it gets chargeback

Banned on gcx shows that /u/rojuslap123 has been ban by mod on /r/gcx. Also it shows that /u/confused9 is trying to chargeback him​

Attached Files:

2. King of Doges

Steam:
    oops duplicated some of the attached files.
  3. King of Doges

Steam:
    Also this shows that mods have banned him on /r/dogemarket

Attached Files:

4. King of Doges

Steam:
    ... Says the guy who is trade banned
  5. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Reports are taken on the merits of the evidence, not the person who is making the report.
  6. muffin :3

muffin :3 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42457077
    I have done something incredibly immature here and feel very guilty for my actions.

I've been trying to contact this user for the last few months, but to no success: he has only logged in once to Steam during this time period and denied my request (probably has forgotten me).

I have checked 2 of his reddit accounts, both inactive for years and also attempted to contact someone on his friend list, but to no avail. Makes sense considering he was mostly just trading with random people.

This has been on the back of my mind for a long time and I really want to repay this person, fix up my reputation here and on Reddit, and move on with my life, but it seems as though that is not possible right now.

Perhaps there is a solution for situations like these? Something like an admin middleman, so that I wouldn't have to worry about this anymore. I hope this can be solved.
  7. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    4 years and you still ain't got a hold to them?
    Try harder - perhaps communicate with a friend of theirs but no - an Admin will not act as a Middleman for your mistakes.
  8. muffin :3

Steam:
    Not 4 years, last couple of months only sadly.
    I'll try adding every person from his friend list.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No I'm sorry but this happened in 2015 - its been 4 YEARS.... not months.
    But you keep on trying though.
  10. muffin :3

Steam:
    Turns out he received emails for the replies here and I was able to contact him and finally repay him. I've added screenshots off the conversation below.

I hope it's clear that I am regretful for these actions and never intend to scam again. Hopefully the report can be closed without the need for a separate appeal. Glad to have this off my mind either way.

Attached Files:

11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Add me on steam but be patient I may not accept right away.
  12. King of Doges

Steam:
    Posting to confirm muffin's moral action. Thank you very much for owning up to it!
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Archiving report on the following grounds - age of report pending, lack of proper evidence based on what we require now to review.
    Change of heart from accused was taken into consideration however it stands to reason that this report is still searchable and should reflect a warning to whomever comes across them.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.