1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Admin Impersonator on Steam without evidence of scamming

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Crashie, Jun 16, 2019.

1. Crashie

Crashie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45608953
    Hey guys,
    Im new on here. One of the guys I play with claims he is an admin, threatens that he can ban people in csgo or in steam in general. His profile says "Administrator Account" on two occasions. Can something be done about it? I have no idea if he scammed anyone. But that must still be against steams terms of service or something. I reported him on steam but nothing happened yet. Here are two blurred pictures.
    The first picture is the one he sends around, where he goes to your profile, and claims he can "ban" you or "notify a developer"(in german). The second picture shows his profile where it says "Administrator Account" two times, below his name and in the description. I think the one under his name is really fooling people, since it doesnt look like he put it there himself.
    Thanks in advance!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2019
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If the user is sending threats to ban someone then you need to direct that to Valve as we do not review reports of that.
    Threats that if you don't send them items is another story - that can be seen as an Extortion Scam and reportable.
    You would need to provide all of the chat logs in full screen to make a report however but just showing those images alone isn't enough.
  3. Crashie

Crashie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45608953
    Okay, thanks for the clarification!