1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198196763853 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by ScaryGhost, Jun 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ScaryGhost

ScaryGhost Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:183785761
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198196763853

Victim profile: 76561198327837250

What happened? Description:
    I was selling an unusual Towering Pillar of hats with effect haunted ghosts for 26 keys pure (or unusual overpay). This user managed to try to scam me via "un-craftable flip flops quickswitch". In the bp.tf classifieds both of uncraftable and craftable flip flops are in the same place. But buy orders differ. People's buy order for craftable ones starts at 24 keys but for uncraftable starts at only 5.57 keys. This user sent me a trade offer saying that his flip flops has 24 keys buy order (and he added 2 keys) saying he was paying 26 keys in total , hoping I will not see the difference in price and just accept the trade.​

Provide Evidence:
    Tell me if something else needed.

In the bp.tf classfieds screenshots I showing the buy orders for the craftable flip flops + the highest buy order for the uncraftable one.​

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**

Attached Files:

2. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

OmegaLUL| trade.tf New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:118249062
    What the victim said is 100% true, I tried to scam him, because i wanted to compensate for the items i was scammed from, using the exact same method. I will take my punishment, no matter the cost and I know it doesn't mean anything coming from me, but at least I will feel a bit better - I am sorry.
  3. ScaryGhost

Steam:
    He managed to contact me by adding me. We talked for a little bit and seems like he is sorry for what he did. He sent me as "gift" his flip flops (1st time) and his flips flops+some keys (2nd time) - both time I rejected it , because I m not a person who takes goods as a "sorry". I think he understood his mistake so I would ask to give him a caution - not a full ban. People deserve 2nd chance , the caution will learn him that scamming is not the right choice of "making money". As I am a victim of this report, I forgive him , because in my heart I believe he understood his mistake. The chat is below :

Attached Files:

4. ScaryGhost

Steam:
    Re-uploading

Attached Files:

5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @OmegaLUL| trade.tf How do I know you won't do the same thing again except this time if a report doesn't go up you don't feel remorseful?
  6. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

Steam:
    If I say "I wont do it again", wont matter, because you are not a telepath. I will leave my report in the comments and a message on top that says that it is 100% true, so others will know i tried something.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I think its a fair response by just saying something along the lines of it was a one time deal and I won't do it again.
    I'm not asking for a written affidavit.
  8. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

Steam:
    well, i dont plan on doing it anymore, it was a one time thing, i juts got fed up with everybody bullshit and scammer
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Fed up with what?
  10. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

Steam:
    I was inspired to trade, i started with 20 keys, got scammed by phish site, then 30, scammed to 15, worked my way to 20 and then scammed again by a fake site. Started with 15, was doing good for a while, then i got scammed by flip - flops. Thats what i am fed up. I want to trade, but these f✿✿✿✿✿✿ scammer are like a f✿✿✿✿✿✿ virus that keeps evolving - they always find a way to screw you in the ass.
  11. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

Steam:
    Simple solution - avoid trading, both me and the other around me will be safe. Me from them, them from me.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What do you mean scammed by a fake site or phished? Explain a little please... site names?
  13. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

Steam:
    I can't remember their names it happened atleast a year ago, but that fake site was "deposit your skins and buy something else" site, although the site only took my skins and didn't give me any credits to buy something else, later i found people exposing the site. A phish site is a site that when you log into it trough steam, they steal your username, password and authentication, so they just log into your inventory and trade the items themselfs.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Did you have mobile auth on when you were hijacked and you said they logged in and traded the items?
  15. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

Steam:
    Yes I did, he literately stole my username, password and authentication code, logged into my account to spy on me and then said "i can't see you items, can you please trade them to a friend and then trade them back, so we can know you aren't wasting my time?" and i was "ok", so i put a trade to my dad, but this son of a b✿✿✿✿ canceled the trade, trough my profile and at the same nano-second put the same trade, but this time they impersonated my dad, with username, picture and everything, I thought everything was normal of course, why wouldn't it be? So i basically traded my 20 or 30 key hat to a f✿✿✿✿✿✿ scammer, thinking it was my dad. If i dig deep enough into my trades I can tell you his name.
  16. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

Steam:
    Update:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    the scammer, it seem like justice has been served, i remember he was impersonating a famous trader, he looked like an engineer with enlarged eyes poking out of his face on his profile picture. At the time he looked like a legit trader, because his inventory was public and full of unusuals and keys. When i think about it more, valve sent me a massage, that a person i reported was banned for scamming, so i think that might be him, it happened near the end of autumn i think.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 17, 2019
  17. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I didn't ask for profile links of another user just to clarify a question.
    I'll look this over again soon
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @OmegaLUL| trade.tf I need to see trade history from June 1st till today please - do this thru steam client FULL screenshots ONLY.
    If you have more trades that will fit on one screenshot then make sure a previous trade overlaps or shows into the next screenshot that was in the one before that...basically I don't want to see any gaps what so ever in the trade history. NOT OFFERS... Trade inventory history.

Also where are the flip flops you were going to trade with this user? Were they traded or do you still have them?
  19. OmegaLUL| trade.tf

Steam:
    I will gladly do that if it didn't sound easier than it is, due to the steam mouse scroll, the large amount of trades and some trades with many items involved it is going to be difficult to take a screenshot without it looking fake, so can i just shoot a video (record screen) just going to my trade history and start scrolling trough my trades? If You don't agree with that i will use the screenshot method. The flip - flops were traded at their real price, i even have the trade in the history.
  20. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm ok with however you wish to show. Also who did you trade with on the flip flops - ID64 and screenshot that trade in trade inventory history in steam client pls.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.