1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198158394296 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by sirius_sk, Aug 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirius_sk

sirius_sk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59058731
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198158394296

Victim profile: 76561198078383190

What happened? Description:
    We made a deal to gift trade some Dota items of total value ~80 EUR. Since I was the one who reached out to him, I went first (he looked trustworthy based on many positive comments on his Steam profile). After I sent the last item, he removed me from friend list.​

Provide Evidence:
    I found his trade topic on Dota trading forum (on Steam).
    We made a deal to gift trade Dota items: his Jagged Honor set for Juggernaut for my Phantom Assassin's Creeping Shadow set, Juggernaut's golden sword and Luna's golden weapon (my items value was ~80 EUR).

After 30 days (today) of having him in friend list we decided to do the trade. Whole chat is shown in the first screenshot, with his steam profile and also screenshot of his Dota profile with messages about me sending him all three gifts.
    After I sent him all the items he just removed me from his friend list and equipped and showcased Phantom Assassin's set on his Dota profile (also seen in the second screenshot).

I trusted him because his steam profile is full of possitive comments about how good and fair trader he is. Also during the 30 day period I saw him unpacking gifts from other people almost on daily basis - these people might have also been scammed like me.
    View attachment 726353 View attachment 726354

[20:25]
    HERETiC:
    Hello, are you there?

Hwlyツ TRADEIT.GG:
    hey bro
    yea men :)

HERETiC:
    Can we do the trade now?

Hwlyツ TRADEIT.GG:
    ofcourse

HERETiC:
    You wanted PA set, juggs golden sword and either sky's or luna's golden item
    Which one you want from the last two?

[20:26]
    Hwlyツ TRADEIT.GG:
    right
    luna's golden item

[20:26]
    HERETiC:
    Ok
    You have them?

[20:28]
    Hwlyツ TRADEIT.GG:
    I got only the juggernaut and the luna
    I need the phantom assasin set aswell

[20:29]
    HERETiC:
    Yea I'm just checking
    All sent
    Can you sent that jugg set?
    *send
    Hey?
    WTF
    Did you really scammed me?
    Answer at least...

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I need to see proof you sent what you stated and didn't receive what was agreed upon.
    It must show the items in question against the users SteamID -otherwise I can't review this.
  3. sirius_sk

sirius_sk New User

Steam:
    All three items I sent to him are shown in the second screenshot.
    If it's not enough, how am I supposed to screenshot Dota gifts if I'm no longer friend with the scammer on steam?
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well the burden of proof is on you, I just need to be able to verify items were sent and not sent.
  5. sirius_sk

sirius_sk New User

Steam:
    This is a screen of my personal game data for gifts in Dota, first three rows are the three items I sent to the scammer:
    gifting_history.png
    The three items gifted are the ones I mentioned in my original post: Phantom Assassin's Creeping Shadow set, Juggernaut's golden sword (Golden Edge of the Lost Order) and Luna's golden weapon (Golden Twilight Schism).
    These are the items in the second screenshot from my original post (dota_profile.png).
    You can also see all those items in his Steam inventory (it's still set to public).

The item he was supposed to sent to me - Juggernaut's Jagged Honor set - is still in his inventory and not in mine:
    jagged_honor_scammer.png jagged_honor_me.png

Don't know how else am I suppose to screenshot something I don't have...
    Hope this is enough evidence for you.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok just not enough evidence here - thing is you never specified a Juggernauts Jagged Honor set in the chat anywhere.
    From what I gather you had discussions prior to this day so we can't verify that and without the formal agreement noted can't review.
    What you specify here in the report must be spelled out in the chat clear as day for a formal agreement.
    Then we can't verify if you ever got what was promised so I'm afraid this is as far as we can go.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.