1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Brief Ban Appeal Feedback

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Charmed!, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Charmed!

Charmed! Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:85471035
    Not only on CoH ban appeals but on all ban appeals, before the final decision comes, the banned person should be asked if that's all they have to say, so they get a last chance to make their appeal up to date.

On my case the offense happened in 2014, the last post on the ban appeal from me was in 2017 and the decision came immediately in 2019. While that was a Change of Heart ban appeal, the decision was based on things that have been said in 2017 and 2014. But because it's a CoH ban appeal, it would've been useful to get an update. The admin wasn't interested in current changes and every human changes a lot every year. I know things went wrong which made my ban appeal not attractive, but I'd like to have another chance to appeal.

People who appeal here are mostly aware that their appeal will take much longer once they update it. May it be an actual update of the appeal or that they'll be gone for a while.

Lastly, I would always be willing to pay money to get free/leave with a caution tag in case of a first offense. I own a credit card to pay for my offense (I repaid my victim already who is my Steam friend since many years), and I would've also been Donator - Tier V without the ban. Sometimes I come here and read through cases.

You know this is about bans lasting for the entire life and it would be so helpful to make it a little easier for everyone.
  2. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    With all do respect you kind of, uh, invalidated this entire talking point by saying you would be willing to pay to bribe the admins here to get a reduced sentence
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Wow..
  4. Charmed!

Steam:
    IRL, money can change a sentence. And I'm not rich, so I would literally pay for what happened, only to reduce the sentence just as you say.

But I don't recommend to make a TL;DR. I write every sentence carefully and there is more meaning behind my post above.
  5. Charmed!

Steam:
    Nevermind my last sentences about TL;DR. It comes from wanting to be heard entirely to be understood entirely, but whoever reads will read as much as they want and that should be fine.
  6. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581

but also that aside, the general discussion section is not a place for you to talk about your appeal. Failure to follow the rules will result in a cooldown/ban from forums.