1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198154836047 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Salmon, Sep 11, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198154836047

Victim profile: 76561198002272483

What happened? Description:
    User added me wanting to buy keys.

I immediately saw that he was red tagged on here, but only an old Skial fake rep tag. (appears to be from: https://www.skial.com/threads/scam-report-anus-gonna-hate.57219/)

I played along for a bit since he was clearly a scammer - his soft id was a fake id64, had artwork instead of actual items display, etc. He seemed for a second like he was actually going to go first but at the last second decided to link someone else's rep thread instead. https://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/412449508295558768/ (this is also currently linked from his profile, claiming to be his thread)

User was also previously part of a scam report but did not get an SR tag: https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198139147017-tf2-team-fortress-2-items.85164/

Web chat doesn't seem to allow me to properly screenshot his steamid64 but you can see me going onto and then off his friends list in SR's profile history. Let me know if I should add more info. I've put a screenshot of the URL I get from doing "view profile" out of web chat.​

Provide Evidence:
    See screenshots​

Attached Files:

2. Salmon

Steam:
    Zero croppage screenshots here

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Why are you even dealing with someone already tagged when you know better to begin with?
    There isn't a thing more we can do to this person- purpose of the tags is to give you a warning to avoid them.
  4. Salmon

Steam:
    It's fun to waste a scammer's time, interesting to see what method they end up attempting & once I saw the method in this case I can put a comment in the impersonated cashrep thread.

As for actually making the report - I've seen scammers try to claim their tags are old or incorrect or whatever. I'm also under the impression that SR does some form of alts check, and this user clearly has a wide number of accounts they use.
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    No its not fun...and this takes away time better spent towards those that are not tagged with reports still hanging in the wind.
    Please don't do that.
    If they are already tagged there isn't a thing more another tag here will do to them.
    This will be the last time we review a report against this user - I'll look it over again shortly but....again, no sense in even interacting with them if they are already tagged.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.