1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Nick Ref the Blikkim

Nick Ref the Blikkim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67732835
    blessed you.
  2. Nick Ref the Blikkim

Nick Ref the Blikkim New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:67732835
    Ok. I understand. one more thing. my friend ghostfrost got scammed by the same scammer who impersonating him on his account. if you have every chance of help I been more grateful
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your friend can report the same user to valve also..best to let them handle it as it sounds as if there was some hijacking or hijacking attempts happening.
  4. Waengie

Waengie Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:95320875
    Question If i am to file appeal under the fact that i am not an ult account what do i put Under the reasoning section
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  6. Jezuz

Jezuz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:150331352
    can you confirm me again.
    that I can offer to sell my item for my desired price even if it isn't as same as the backpack.tf price and it wouldn't be called scamm or sharking.
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You can ask for anything for any thing.. doesn't matter what some site says something is valued. Valve doesn't specify pricing/values on any item. So if you wish to ask for 1 Million TF2 keys for a hat that is entirely up to you. If you wish to just unload it for 1 Key then great if that is what you want. Offering or asking for something different than what a site says doesn't make anyone a scammer. Sharking is loosely defined and can be seen differently from person to person but certainly not something we take reports for either.
  8. Jezuz

Jezuz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:150331352
    Is there a way to view your chat history with someone who is no longer a friend ?
    There's this guy who scammed me sometime ago. I can translate you the chat to some degree if I could view it and send it to you.
    If you think I falsely translated the chat you can get a professional to translate or you can use a dictionary or you can use translate google com
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No once you close the chat box its gone unless you can get them to readd you but that's unlikely and unlikely the logs stay after an extended period of time. If someone did something a good while back then its highly unlikely we can review it. Also we do not take translated material.. Must be in English.
    I suggest you report them to Valve if you feel you have enough there for them to review it.
    Jezuz likes this.
  10. CaptainCritz

CaptainCritz New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:429204705
    Is there a way to +rep someone or is that you peeps' job?
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    SteamREP is not a rep site, we deal with anti fraud as in a way to educate the trading public with regards to steam trading.
    We don't issue out any sort of negative or positive "rep" here.
    That answer your question?
  12. Snowman tradeit.gg

Snowman tradeit.gg New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:510531299
    I just want to ask why my Donator status gone ?
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  14. gabbss

gabbss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:178852941
    If someone tried to scam me, and they are banned on SteamRep, could I file a scam report to help get more info on them? Or is one report enough?
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Best to check users out BEFORE you interact with them..if already tagged/banned here that should be a good indicator that they are not trustworthy and you should perhaps find someone else to deal with. If they are already tagged here there isn't much more we can do to them...if they have more than 2 notations on their profile we will not review another and it will be archived with a PREFIX of ALREADY BANNED.
    The tag serves as a warning you apparently overlooked. I suggest you report them to Valve and just move on from the situation.
  16. gabbss

gabbss New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:178852941
    Yeah, I didn't check SteamRep before, because he seemed like a nice person, but I am already trying to contact Valve about this situation, so other people who for some reason can't use SteamRep get to know about this. Thanks for the help!
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. $uper$hpeed

$uper$hpeed Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55382088
    I'm not even sure if this is the best place to ask, but from what I found it looks good enough hopefully.
    Am I allowed to attempt to appeal my FoG ban here after my appeal was denied there? It's been a good amount of time since I committed my scam (a decent bit over 3 years), and I've paid back my victim completely through PayPal maybe a few weeks ago. I know that PayPal is not considered an acceptable form of repayment here, but he stated that he wanted PayPal over TF2 keys which was easier for both of us. In addition, I know that bans from other communities should be appealed on those communities before anything else, but I attempted to get my tag appealed there and got shot down horribly, with the admin thinking that I paid him back solely for my personal gain and other selfish reasons. I suppose that I didn't do a very good job at voicing my remorse over what I did? I feel that this was an improper judgment and I would like a chance to clarify everything, even if it does not exactly result in my scammer tag getting downgraded. I have no intentions of taking back the money I gave back to the victim no matter what happens, and if you won't give me the chance, I understand perfectly. Actions have consequences, after all.
  18. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @$uper$hpeed
    Short answer,
    no.

Long answer,
    If the intent is simply to appeal a partner tag here on SR after being denied at said community, no. The community has already been vetted to issue their own tags and take a stance against online fraud, shown they are a large enough organization that wont disappear tomorrow, and we trust them to give them direct access to our database. What you ask would undermine that trust we put in these partners, and would amount to admin shopping.

Overly complex answer,
    SR, only in exceedingly ultra rare cases, could review and only if its policy related(such as tws)/COI related/tag abuse related or similar, not because you disagree with a decision. This can only be triggered internally within SRs internal network and not by individual users, only a handful of cases going back near a decade have ever been in this process. For reference, what you described above would fall well outside of this integrity check anyways.
  19. $uper$hpeed

$uper$hpeed Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:55382088
    I see, thank you for your swift response.
  20. SpookyPosh.

SpookyPosh. New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:68929080