1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

CS:GO skins to TF2 keys. Am I getting scammed?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by yesn't, Dec 1, 2019.

1. yesn't

yesn't New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61507930
    I was contacted by a guy who had a profile with the exact same name and picture as another profile with a bunch of knives and stuff. He says the other one is his main account and he uses this one so he won't get scammed or hijacked. So he is asking me to use a website of my choice to transform my CSGO skins to TF2 keys and then he will trade me Shadow daggers | Fade (Factory New). I have talked to him on voice and he seemed kinda legit. I asked how my 33 euro inventory is going to pay for a 135 euro skin but he told me that he sees profit in the keys. He says he can send me the knife if he sees the keys in my inventory, so I'm thinking I can transform my skins into keys, make him trade me the knife, and then I can test it out and see if it is real in-game, etc. and then trade him the keys, and if it isn't real and he is trying to scam me I can just sell the keys and buy back my skins. The website I chose was tradeit.gg and I can get 10 TF2 keys for my skins, minus my AWP and some cases.

TL: DR; Someone wants me to transform my 33 euro CSGO inventory into TF2 keys and he will trade me Shadow daggers worth 135 euros. He says he can trade first. Am I getting scammed?
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    That part alone suggests they are attempting to Phish you with a fake site to get your login information.
    Report them to Valve, delete them.
  3. yesn't

yesn't New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:61507930
    Yes but as i staded i will use tradeit.gg which is a legit site, other than that there is no other website involved.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If it sounds shady then best to delete the user and avoid this trade.
    Find someone else you trust more.
    This is a HUGE thing that users must keep in mind when trading.
  5. Ultimate PC Master

Ultimate PC Master Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102366946
    if its too good to be true, then its probably a scam, compute how much keys is 33 euros in keys. It still roughly is 33 euros but in keys, how would he see profit in it? Also that is a very common scam tactic. Don't fall for it.
  6. SukHoii

SukHoii New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:189613418
    also happening to me, one guy is saying he willoffer me 200 euro for my 80 dollars knife if i traded it to keys, he said he wantd the keys to use on gambling websites and thats why hes overpaying