1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198165463207 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Pungack, Jan 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pungack

Pungack New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:168456982
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198165463207

Victim profile: 76561198297179693

What happened? Description:
    Scammer impersonates steam admin by trying to verify my supposed "duped items". Furthermore, continuously threatens the victim to accept the trade or, the account will be supposedly erased due to overload of steam reports against me. This dude is intelligent, not going to lie, he has a storage account (used to send the trade asking for my items). He also has accomplice that helps him (and that's how I met this scammer), by messaging people with the excuse that he accidentally reported them for "duped items" and the only solution is to add the supposed steam admin to clean my reputation or else their account will be erased under 1 hour. (Sadly I don't have chat proof of the accomplice because he blocked me and I closed the chat but in the good note I got the supposed "steam admin" chat)

Both accomplice and steam admin used a trick and changed their steam custom id to numbers such as "2137578929732" (example) to replicate their real steam ID and camouflage perfectly from accessing to his profile in the near future. (avoiding possible steam rep reports)

Accused firstly sent a steam trade with all of my items but then cancelled the trade, (not appearing in my steam trade box anymore) then he cancelled the trade and sent a trade with his storage account because he knew if I would report him he would be more "safe" and would be more difficult to sanction him because it isn't his "real account" sending the trade. This case may sound confusing (sorry for my bad grammar or English). That's why I offer my constant support to explain further details or doubts you may have dealing with this case.
    Hopefully, everything will be sorted and give the accused his well-deserved steam rep ban. All proof will be attached and once again, all of my support will be available if help needed.

- JD​

Provide Evidence:
    Scam attempt date: 11/01/20
    8:37 AM (Chile Time Zone)

View attachment 741678 First photo of chat
    View attachment 741679 Second photo of chat
    View attachment 741680 Third photo of chat
    View attachment 741681 Fourth photo of chat

I also uploaded the full conversation to YouTube if you guys want: (you can see a bunch of edited gifs from him that proof that he's threatening to delete my steam account)

This is the photo of the trade I received by the storage account of the scammer.
    View attachment 741686

Full account details of the storage account:

| steamname: yo no more weebs
    | steam3ID: [U:1:1005539122]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:502769561
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198965804850
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198965804850

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2020
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    This is NOT the first user you should be reporting - You basically reported the other user that was brought into the scam event. You must make sure from now on you report the FIRST user you were contacted by and who started the scam..you only need to reference any other accounts involved and describe HOW they were involved in the description by including the FULL SR profile block along with details of how they were involved.
    Also include any and all FULL screenshots you have as evidence.
    Please do not resubmit a new report - this one will do for now.
    Pungack likes this.
  3. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Pungack I need the ID64 of your FRIEND or whoever it was that sent you to this user. THAT is who you should have reported but too late for that now.
    I need the ID64 or SR profile bock of that user ASAP! Also I need to know if you've reported all 3 accounts to Valve yet?
    Pungack likes this.
  4. Pungack

Pungack New User

Steam:
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    How long have you known the Sunlight user?
  6. Pungack

Pungack New User

Steam:
    Less than 7 days
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    OK I"ll review this again soon
  8. Pungack

Pungack New User

Steam:
    Ok thanks, one doubt. Could you guys ban the guy that executed the scam, I mean the guy that I reported originally, the one with the storagr account
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What you need to understand is that both accounts were likely hijacked. If I tag the other account the one that started it whom I feel very confident was hijacked it would create a lot of hardship upon them to appeal a tag/ban here. Just make sure you've reported them all to Valve so I can see if they react to it.
  10. Pungack

Pungack New User

Steam:
    Why would they be hijacked? Both literally tried to scam me, I don't understand why they don't deserve at least a steamrep ban.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Its possible but the report is under review... I'm not even done with it yet.
  12. Pungack

Pungack New User

Steam:
    Oh, ok. Sorry!
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I will watch report for a few more days - as I said its likely a hijacked account situation considering the database account was already community banned by Valve that gives me clear indications of that.
    This is a VERY VERY common tactic lately... the "I'm sorry I reported you by mistake" deal.
    You can check this report out which is one of a thousand I could pick out at any time that shows the exact same situation.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-76561198020204564-other-other-game-items.191983/
    As you can see the account was compromised and the owner quickly recovered it but that isn't always the case with some people..they just don't know how or can't as fast.
    Tagging someone here if they are hijacked would put additional hardship upon them so I will watch report/accounts a few days to see if the situations have changed in anyway.
    I do suggest you try to contact the first account again perhaps you may end up getting the true owner confirming the situation and helping this process out.
  14. Pungack

Pungack New User

Steam:
    Ok I undersand that the first account may be hijacked as you told me, but could we take actions on the scammer Elijah? Please give me more information about how sure you are about the hijacking and why does it happen.
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The Elijah account has already been changed and also could have been hijacked.
    We don't know why or how it happens but it is a wide spread issue right now.
    As you can see with that one other report I linked it is identical with nearly a thousand more..very common tactic right now.
    Hijacked account used to bait someone (I reported your account by accident...contact the steam admin) Steam Admin account also hijacked used to direct you to trade with a MULE account or the database account you saw. They would have asked to trade with them but a hijacked account can't trade out since they don't have auth enabled. It is always 3 accounts involved in that order every single time.
    As I said I'll review this over the next few days to see what changes are done.
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I'm archiving report as accused appears to have reverted back to the original account and was previously community banned as is the FIRST user that started the event is NOW community banned which shows Valve locked them down for hijacked accounts.
    In the future just report such things to Valve directly and let them handle it.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Pungack likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.