1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Person uses scam on me and another person yet not banned

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by NeoN^ 2, Jan 20, 2020.

1. NeoN^ 2

NeoN^ 2 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:43923858
    So both me and this guys report talk about the same way we got scammed.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Obviously this guy is using discord and screen share as a work around the way you mark scammers. Please look in to this and ban this guy like he deserves it.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2020
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please do not make General Forum posts to bring attention to reports/appeals.
    I've hidden those links from your post since that would only apply attention to the accused and/or the reports in question.
    If those reports are or were Declined for whatever reason then the accused user(s) reports failed to provide proper evidence to suggest this user(s) were guilty of any wrong doing.

Thanks!
  3. NeoN^ 2

NeoN^ 2 New User

Steam:
    So your telling me it’s ok to use a loop hole like discord and scam people and it’s ok? Since that’s what it’s making it seem like. Since obviously the only reason these posts were denied was because of the fact they used discord to conduct the trade. I could understand if they were separate discord users but the fact they have the same picture and name has to be some reasonable evidence
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I didn't tell you it was ok for anything.
    We can't investigate everything - we have no way to research who is using facebook, discord, skype or what if you both spoke on the phone, how on earth would we be able to investigate that? Basically speaking - we can't.
    We have certain things we require...you can speak over anything you like about a deal just make sure you state the deal with the steam user over steam chat that they agree with the exact agreement and screenshot it or put it in the offer notes with the offer.

You can read these to help in the future
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/steamrep-investigative-policy.140101/
  5. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Someone is talking to you on discord or something outside of steam..prove to me that it's the same person who contacted you on steam, I bet you wouldn't be able to since it's not possible, they can always say "that wasn't me" and nobody would be able to prove otherwise. Anything done outside of the steam chat is 100% subjective.
  6. NeoN^ 2

NeoN^ 2 New User

Steam:
    I just think it’s kind of ridiculous that this guy is able to scam me and this other guy out of a combined $5,000+ and is going to be able get away with it. Like I get it my $900 is gone I’m not going to get it back, the only thing I’m upset about is how he’s going to get away with this and have no repercussions. Like the guy has the same picture and name, and unfortunately the other guy didn’t include his discord @name&#. But like f✿✿✿ it’s just infuriating to know he’s going to get away with both of these
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    It is wrong though to accuse someone of scamming when you don't have proper evidence that would prove that was the same person.
    I get your upset but blame it on those that like to report others for no reason but to report them because they don't like them or whatever the reason may be.
    We get that all the time so we have strict requirements for evidence to ensure the correct person is getting accused. I couldn't begin to tell you how many times people report the wrong user because of just a username/image from an impersonators doing.
    Your welcome to report the user to Valve if you wish at any time. At the end of the day we are not here to punish anyone either...that is not our focus/purpose.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.