1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Advice

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by yaes, Apr 14, 2020.

1. yaes

yaes New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:109987311
    I am new to the whole trading community and everything that revolves around it. I have tried to educate myself as much as possible but it seems I have fallen victim to a scam. Just wanted to know what to do about it. I fell victim to the Glimmer drop scam which I haven't heard about until after the fact. I am still in contact with one of the accounts in question but the other account has me blocked. Would like to talk about this more in depth with anyone willing to help. Thanks.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sadly if you lost items to something like this there is no way to recover them.
    Valve no longer returns items from a successful trade.
    https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=9958-MJDG-3003
    If the user is already tagged here that you were in contact with there isn't much more of anything we can do to them.
    Afraid there isn't much help anyone can do but you've taken the first step to educate yourself with what is happening regarding online trading.
    We have lots of guides here you can search thru and read.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/forums/steamrep-guides.22/
    At this point though I suggest reporting them to Valve and continue to educate yourself with regards to tools to help you decide in the future if you should or shouldn't be trading with someone.
  3. yaes

yaes New User

Steam:
    Is it possible for me to report one of the users that isn't SR banned on here? I unfortunately do not have the chat logs from the account that asked me to obtain the Dota 2 item however.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    If you do not have the required evidence then no do not submit a report here.
    Chat logs are certainly required in this situation. Report them to Valve instead.
  5. yaes

yaes New User

Steam:
    Alright thank you for the help and advice, really appreciate it.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.