1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198098287702 - (AntiFreeze / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by HorselessHH, Aug 14, 2020.

1. HorselessHH

HorselessHH Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69010987
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198098287702 (AntiFreeze)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Hijacked - My account was abused by hijacker
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    Toaster​

Appeal description:
    So around February or April last year, my memory is foggy. I fell for a scam, so one of my friends was hijacked and did the "I accidentally reported you, talk to this guy." scam. I was naive at the time so I fell for it. I went to the guy and he asked for my login info. I don't know how I didn't see through it as I was aware of scams. After I couldn't login in, I went ballistic, I wanted to slit my wrists, in hindsight, I was overreacting. So I tried the best I could to get my account back, at the time I couldn't do anything so I used an alt I had for awhile just to play the games I could. (The alt is long dead as I cannot remember the login to it.) I eventually got through to steam support and they realized my account was hijacked so they sent me the login credentials so I finally got my account back. I checked my inventory and realized the scammer didn't take anything (Surprising I know), but in a fit of fear, I combined my craftable hats and weapons into one hat and scrap so that no hacker had a reason to try to get my stuff was what I was thinking at the time. I also found out that he messed my rep up so I could not go on the servers I liked to frequent (Trade servers, didn't trade at all though). So for over a year I abandoned TF2 until yesterday, when some friends convinced me to come back for a round of MvM, and I realized I liked TF2 again which brings us here.

(PS, this was over a year ago so I don't have any evidence of the event, sadly.)​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Without a support ticket to show you were hijacked, we are unable to consider the appeal. Will give you an additional two weeks to try and provide it.
  3. HorselessHH

Steam:
    How am I supposed to provide a ticket made over a year ago?
  4. You Are The One

Steam:
    That is our policy, it has been brought up internally but their is no real workaround.
  5. HorselessHH

Steam:
    So I'm basically f✿✿✿ed?
  6. You Are The One

Steam:
    As much as we want to take everyone's word that they were hijacked at face value, that would lead to unintended consequences. You can try to make a new ticket to verify.
  7. HorselessHH

Steam:
    Welp, I just got a reply from steam support and they said I can't do anything.
  8. HorselessHH

Steam:
    You there?
  9. You Are The One

Steam:
    I already let you know what would be required for the appeal, I am giving you the rest of the two weeks.
  10. You Are The One

Steam:
    Denied for failure to followup and failure to provide any proof of a claim of hijacking.