1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

my scammer contacted me

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by FoX30, Oct 3, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FoX30

FoX30 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:53040115
    after 8 years my scammer who got banned contacted me and asked me forgiveness and that i should help get him unbanned.

He offered to give me 50€ for a knife that he scammed me [ worth 150€ now ]

He told me there is an option for "repayment" so if he pays back the knife's value now he could appeal the ban and maybe get his ban lifted?

Is that right or is this just another scam attempt?
  2. FoX30

FoX30 New User

Steam:
    Oops... 6 years... but anyways, i never said thank you for banning him in the first place. So Thanks :)
  3. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    The user should repay because they genuinely feel bad about what they did, not because they want an appeal considered. That is a really good way to tank an appeal as it does not show any genuine change of heart.
    [M&C] TheBluekr, FoX30 and Tumor like this.
  4. Tumor

Tumor Donator - Tier IV

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:179643005
    Like You Are The One said, It should be repayment based on change of heart or guilt not to try and validate getting an appeal. It just kinda shows he doesn't feel guilt but rather wants to clear his tag. Of course it's great he wants to repay you but I don't think he has the right intent.
  5. FoX30

FoX30 New User

Steam:
    Sure thing. :)

"It just kinda shows he doesn't feel guilt but rather wants to clear his tag. " I guess you're right, maybe he wants his name clear and keep scamming people i don't really know.

Should i accept the repayment if he is willing to pay for the knife back to me, even if you guys keep his ban after deciding if his appeal is genuine or not.

I don't want to get into any problems. :D
  6. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Completely up to you, personally, I would accept a no-strings repayment of an identical item (knife in this case, wear should be same and float close enough).

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/ #9 can give you some additional info to help you decide.

Also note, I have not looked at the report/user in question and that is intentional, I would give the same advice to anyone.
    Tumor likes this.
  7. FoX30

FoX30 New User

Steam:
    Alright thanks for the hint, We'll see what happens :cool:
  8. Leωan

Leωan Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:84027118
    doesn't matter because when you try to do the right thing anyway you still get denied, and then denied again ;)
  9. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Please don't bump old threads.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.