1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198159100741 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by humphrey, Jan 18, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. humphrey

humphrey New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:504528175
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198159100741

Victim profile: 76561198969322079

What happened? Description:
    They are impersonating my account with intent to defraud, by adding the users on my friendslist who all know me as a legit cash trader.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 776730 Scammer account

View attachment 776731 My account

NOTICE HOW THEY LINKED MY CASHREP IN THEIR BIO!!! THEY ARE USING IT TO SCAM PLAYERS ON STEAM OUT OF CS:GO ITEMS!​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What do you mean they? You are reporting one user here? I don't understand why you have a different user as a victim vs you?
  3. humphrey

humphrey New User

Steam:
    I am /id/z1y, they are /id/beastman222.
    I cash trade often, they are using MY rep in their profile, while copying everything about my profile to impersonate me and attempt to scam people.

Sorry, "they" is referring to the impersonator. The victim is my account, I'm not sure why my steamrep profile says otherwise if it does. This is my old pfp&username guess it never updated.
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2021
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  5. humphrey

humphrey New User

Steam:
    ]Impersonator Account
    Impersonator Inventory

My account

My inventory

Apolagies if I formatted it wrong, I don't exactly understand the impersonator report format.

Attached Files:

6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Not what I asked for - also keep in mind that if you give screenshots of your steam client unless client URL is enabled they are unacceptable.

You say the user is impersonating you with a link to your cash app - all I see is a link you didn't show where it goes or the cashapp location.
  7. humphrey

humphrey New User

Steam:
    I'm Canadian and we can't have cash-app in my country. They are using a link to my TGP reputation. It leads here: https://forums.theglobalparadise.com/threads/chards-cashrep-thread.680/ It's stupid for a scammer to use cashapp because it's restricted to the US, yet they are using my location in their bio which is Madoc, Ontario, Canada. Where cashapp is banned. Lol.
    And, I'm sorry, I thought you were asking for evidence-in which I showed you a profile blatantly copying mine, and you can even see it yourself. Can you please be more clear, because I don't understand.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That link rep thread - how is that yours is what I'm asking - screenshots of it, where the link goes etc.
    Gotta show not just me this but others reading the report.
  9. humphrey

humphrey New User

Steam:
    This is where the link takes you, it's my reputation thread. The steam that is linked to the reputation thread is: https://steamcommunity.com/id/z1y/, which is my steam URL. The impersonator, in his bio,
    -links this thread. https://forums.theglobalparadise.com/threads/chards-cashrep-thread.680/
    It's a CASH reputation thread. He does not own it, as you can see from the first image of the actual site, MY url is linked there, AND HIS DOES NOT MATCH!!! This proves he does not own the reputation. Reputation on steam is used as a way to keep yourself safe from scams, and if someone pretends it's theirs, someone will trust this person that is not actually reputable. By doing this, he can deceive people in to sending him items and him dipping out on a deal he agreed on. This shows intent to defraud.

It is also, the "victim" in this steamrep report is linked /id/z1y, and the ID linked on the rep page is also /id/z1y. This is how you know it is me.

Attached Files:

10. humphrey

humphrey New User

Steam:
    Every TGP Forum account is linked with a steam account, so by going on my reputation thread at that link, you can also just click my steam account below the Forum username to go directly to my profile that the impersonator is impersonating.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The screenshots of everything was what I was after - I understood what you were getting at but you have to pretend that anyone else looking at this report has no clue what you are explaining and we all know that images make a difference plus they retain that evidence for a later time if needed.
    I'll review this again later - no need to reply again
    thanks
  12. humphrey

humphrey New User

Steam:
    Yeah, I get it now after re-reading. My apologies again, thank you for helping me
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.