1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Announcement New Legacy Ban tags for defunct communities

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Lava, Aug 31, 2016.

1. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    @Fred JonesTheMemeLord I am not going into our defunct appeal policy with you, its already clearly explained as to why we chose this route for these old tags. Your thread was archived because your appeal was swapped over to the new appeal system for such tags, that's the only reason, it has absolutely nothing to do with your thread "not being finished" so please dont characterize it as being as such. Furthermore, I am not going to address the merits of any specific case(s) with you as that is not allowed in the general discussion section. And finally, we make clear defunct tag decisions are final and not appealable. I understand you are unhappy that your defunct tag appeal was DENIED and that is why you are now posting here complaining about it. If our policy changes in the future, we will notify such users, until then, nothing can or will be done for you at this point, you have fully exhausted all avenues of relief regarding your tagging. You committed a serious offense, fake middleman scamming, that's the long and short.
    Lava likes this.
  2. Fred JonesTheMemeLord

Fred JonesTheMemeLord Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:90106562
  3. Dj Remix.

Dj Remix. Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:37985819
    I suggest you add -GoV- !!

I wrote a appeal on their website 1 year ago, with no response from -GoV- at all. And since i can't get my SR tag away b4 i get rid of the GoV tag, there's nothing I can do.
    -GoV- died a long time ago, It's barely even a TF2 Community.

I may sound desperate, but please, take a look at their appeals forum
    http://www.wantedgov.it/ban-appeals/
    http://www.wantedgov.it/ban-appeals/ban-appeal-sweggie/

the 2nd link, is my appeal. It's the only appeal that's been there, the past 1,5years. And there is nobody answering.

This is 100% a legacy community, which no longer exist.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  4. epic jyfrl

epic jyfrl Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:48312330
    I'm not sure if anyone will read this since it is such an old post, but I not received anything and I clicked the appeal button well over 3 months ago. I submitted a written appeal about 2.5 months ago since I had already waited around 3 months at that time and was told to wait. My ban on Tf2OP is probably 7 to 8 years old now, and I'd really like it removed for trading purposes. I just want to know if my case is being handled or if it's just sitting there.
  5. You Are The One

Steam:
    I have looked into the status of the defunct tag, I see it is indeed still pending, you did everything correct in submitting it. The system is set so after a certain amount of time, if its still pending with no admin action be it grant, deny, stay, the tag will be automatically downgraded (currently six tags that would be affected by this, yours is not one of them tho). I am not 100% sure if that is set as active currently as I am not the admin who usually deals with those particular tags. I will followup with them and make sure they are addressing the tags or the system is turned on and working. I hope this addresses your concern as best I can. Feel free to comment again if you do not have an updated status in a month.
  6. Грустный жульен

Грустный жульен Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18737618
    Good evening, guys. I appealed some time ago. I'm not rushing anyone, but can you find out the approximate waiting time?
    Many years have passed since the punishment. The site is no longer working. I'm not a thief.

Banned
    TF2 Trading Post
    Appeal Status: Pending
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  7. Грустный жульен

Грустный жульен Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18737618
    Will I receive email notification under any circumstances? I am a doctor. I have to leave for two weeks. Or wait here? I'm confused = (
  8. You Are The One

Steam:
    My previous reply to another user was an explanation of how the system works/was working internally, not an open invitation for everyone to ask for a status update. No, your case does not meet the criteria as outlined previously yet. Please do not ask again.

Going forward, all such requests from any users will not be addressed/answered here.
  9. Vinirius

Vinirius Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17526567
    I made my call a few days ago and I have no return. can anybody help me?

Attached Files:

10. You Are The One

Steam:
    Read the post above yours. No further comment will be made.
  11. Red Hood

Red Hood Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:45281879
    I got banned like 5or 6 years ago by darkly gaming i spycrabbed runned and i stop doing that cuz of ban i stopped doing long ago
  12. Red Hood

Steam:
    What can i do i dont wat steamrep i return to tf2 and i cant join servers to trade items
  13. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Follow directions on the very first post of this thread.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  14. Red Hood

Steam:
    I got banned from darkly gaming like 6or 5 years ago for spycrab running and i stopped cuz of ban from some servers i dont i know about ive stopped playing then only played dota for a long time then i am back in 2021 i am still banned i ask mine friend why i get ban he says from steamrep so i did some searches a
  15. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Ok, and you did what you needed to do. Now you wait. Be patient.
  16. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I believe the SR policy on legacy bans and the mechanism for removal or adjustment is fair and rooted in sound methodology.

There are many past incidents that I feel have potentially run their course. Certainly "spy crab runner" for a few refined and suchlike should not perforce be a forever sentence, and yes certain "scams" should eternally be a chain of shame around a scammers neck.

As a senior previous senior TF2 Trader Admin, and GOV Admin and GU Australia Admin and SR MM, I approve of how SR is handling legacy tags.

I do still hold a lot of screenshots and documentation related to many bans via SR in years past, and such information is always available to my SR friends, who have always done fantastic work over the years.

I hope each and every one of you who is appealing some previous ban here, is genuine and that you have grown and moved on from whatever mistakes you made in the past.

Shout outs to Matie, sjru, horse and others.
    =[o.W.n]= FD GoD likes this.
  17. JBGud

JBGud New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36222672
    Hello, I have a LEGACY BAN status, CAUTION TAG, from TF2OUTPOST (now defunct). It's been almost 10 years since this incident happened, but in fact I can't remember what happened, why was I tagged. Anyways, I've been doing a thorough research on your forums on how to appeal, but I must admit I still haven't understood exactly how to create an appeal thread. Also, the images on the first post of the thread won't show up to me. Could anybody help me create an appeal according to the rules please? Yours truly, JB.
  18. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    You already appealed that community tag and it was made a legacy tag. Read the very page you're on, it says legacy tags cannot be appealed.
  19. JBGud

JBGud New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36222672
    So basically there is no way of getting rid of that tag, even when we don't know what happened and know nothing about it, and there is no evidence? Just asking, please don't be mad.
  20. You Are The One

Steam:
    You answered your own question, you will get no further replies on the topic as discussion of individual tags are not permitted in the general discussion section of the forums.