1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Steam profile picture history

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by wizardhat, Jul 6, 2021.

1. wizardhat

wizardhat New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:146454408
    Hello, just a quick question.
    Is there a way to get a higher res version of the historical pfp shown on this site?

Thanks
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    The images are fetched from Steam's db. So long as they have the full version still stored, you should be able to just by altering the URL that you get when you click 'open image in new tab' on your historical profile.

Let's take your current profile picture on SteamRep as an example:
    1. Opening the profile picture image in a new tab produces 'https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...850f60a7bc65625a48ae43e6dd9e3578ed_medium.jpg' as a URL.
    2. Take that URL, and replace 'medium' with 'full', so that it looks like this 'https://steamcdn-a.akamaihd.net/ste...cc850f60a7bc65625a48ae43e6dd9e3578ed_full.jpg'.
    3. Paste the new URL into your browser address bar. If the image is still saved on Steam's db, then you should be able to access it.

I just verified this is still possible by trying it on one of your pictures from back in 2018. For privacy reasons, I haven't posted it here, as it's a relatively easy process to reproduce yourself. Hope that helps!
  3. wizardhat

wizardhat New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:146454408
    It worked!!!
    Thank you so much!
    a Gentleman likes this.
  4. Dwight Holds A Grudge

Dwight Holds A Grudge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:526253060
    Here about a year later asking how do I check my past profile pictures this is the only thing I’ve found about it and I’m clueless
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    The historical data here only represents when your profile was viewed and seems only in the last 24hours so anything we have here on your profile image is only going to show that.
    If you want other prior to you will need to check with Valve on that, not even google is showing anything prior to what you see here/now.
  6. Dwight Holds A Grudge

Dwight Holds A Grudge New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:526253060
    Oh, okay thanks for letting me know.