1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please be patient! You can read this recent post that should help address your question
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/ask-a-steamrep-staff-member.19358/page-78#post-538912

In any event - we get to them as we can.
    This was noted on that page where you started the process:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Your request is only 4 days old. It appears you want to be the first beta tester for the new policy. Please message me in two weeks if your status does not update.

Regards.
  3. magrecite

magrecite New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26
    Is it possible to opt out or hide my historical profile information/name from the Historical Data dropdown at all? Do I need to message anyone about this? It has some personally identifiable information in it that I've had removed from other sites since I've been getting roughly a dozen or so Steam friend requests daily - I'd like to have it removed if at all possible.

Let me know what I might need to do to facilitate this. :) <3
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    This is all we offer
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/sr-profile-history-opt-out-requests.190364/
    Once submitted you do nothing else just follow directions.
  5. magrecite

magrecite New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  6. D4rKK

D4rKK Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:194140471
    Hello, I would like to ask if it's possible for me to submit a re-appeal. My last one was rejected beceause i didn't post the evidence i didn't have at the time. I now have everything i need but i can't submit another appeal. Thanks.
  7. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/

We cannot discuss your specific case with you in the general discussion forums, but in general, unless specifically stated otherwise, people only get 1 appeal and that's it. It's stated clearly in our appeal tips guide linked above, that everyone should have read before submitting their appeal.
  8. D4rKK

D4rKK Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:194140471
    I already read that and in #11 you say that i can re-appeal when i have new evidence not produced in your original appeal. I have the new evidence, and now i don't know what to do next. So if you told me where or how i can submit a re-appeal i would very much appreciate it. Thanks again.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You were already told where it clearly states you are only allowed ONE appeal.
    The link is pretty clear.
    Now aside from that.
    Posting this is a violation of General Forum FAQ and not permitted.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
    Please do not continue to do so with threads/posts here in this section.
    Thank you!
  10. Tristezza

Tristezza Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:122918946
    I have a ban from Fortress of Gamers. I tried appealing a long time ago and was denied. Tried again since they allow more than 1, and I was denied again and banned from ever appealing again. I think this is unfair. My ban is nearing seven years old. I am not the same person anymore, but the sole moderator of Fortress of Gamers thinks otherwise. Prison sentences don't last this long and don't have these consequences. Is there anything I can do? I have literally no way to ever appeal again.
  11. Tristezza

Steam:
    If a ban reversal isn't possible, I'd strongly advise looking into FoG. There's many reports of the moderator that handles appeals is unfair and is power hungry. He hardly accepts change of heart appeals, no matter how long in the future.
  12. You Are The One

Steam:
    That is completely up to the community in question and well within SR tagging policy for partner communities. Please do not complain about your specific case in the general discussion section per general discussion rules #3.
  13. Tristezza

Steam:

So just to clarify- I can NEVER apply for an appeal?
  14. You Are The One

Steam:
    They are REQUIRED to allow you to submit an appeal and consider it, nothing more unless it contradicts other SR partner policies (such as cannot tag for trading with scammers)
  15. Tristezza

Steam:
    Alright that's fair. But as I said, they banned me from the appeal page.
  16. You Are The One

Steam:
    If they did not give you a chance to appeal once, then they are in violation of SR partner policy, if you did submit at least one appeal and it was denied, then you are sol.
    Tristezza likes this.
  17. Tristezza

Steam:
    Will being banned from the appealing site for FoG stop me from applying for the clemency program when it is avaliable? My reason for my ban is "Already appealed and denied"
  18. You Are The One

Steam:
    The answer to the bad question is a forum ban will have no bearing on the program if the communities tags qualify. The better questions answer is taggings by communities that are still active will not be included in the program by default.
  19. Tristezza

Steam:
    So is FoG still an active community...?
  20. Tristezza

Steam:
    Sorry- judging by this it is not an active community so i guess i have my answer.

https://forums.f-o-g.eu/threads/the-end.21608/