1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. アモガス_böch

アモガス_böch New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:194741846
    Hello guys, some guy accidently reported me for scamming. Here I send proof. Should I be worried about my account?

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2022
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I fixed that image so it wouldn't embed but anyway that is FAKE - they are trying to trick you and likely hijack or apply some sort of phishing setup.
    Ignore them/delete/block them from discord or whatever platform your using. Nobody will ever contact you using other platforms from Valve.
  3. canaiden

canaiden Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:124778358
    I tried to appeal after being marked as an alt to a scammer account but I wasn't using the original account that was marked when filing the appeal. That account was deleted over 5 years ago (not exactly sure when). What do I do in this case?
  4. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    Not much, users must appeal with the originally tagged account, even accounts that they claim they've deleted. Best I can suggest is you contact steam support and try to regain access to the account.
  5. canaiden

Steam:
    It's more than just a claim. Clicking on the steamid doesn't go to the profile. Pretty sure it would if it wasn't deleted? It was such a long time ago so don't think getting access to it again is possible. The account I'm on currently has been my account since 2015. The original account was gone around then.
  6. Roudydogg1

Roudydogg1 SteamRep Admin Friend Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:58227918
    FYI, users cannot discuss specific cases in the general discussion. At the end of the day, users may only appeal with the originally tagged account and this is not negotiable. That account committed the offense, therefore it must be the account to create the appeal.
  7. canaiden

Steam:
    Should be a system in place for a situation like this. Not sure where to discuss it since my appeal got archived but I'll stop discussing it here. Just don't have any other avenue for communication on the matter.
  8. BorgDodge

BorgDodge Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:208299046
    hello can i send appeal despite the fact i sent 2 already, i want to confess for REAL this time and tell you the truth
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No - you are only allowed 1 appeal per the appeal policy.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/
    Should have gave the truth up front anyway.
  10. Unknown8712

Unknown8712 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88753691
    Hello, I would like to change my email, but I don't know how to verify the account. What should I do?
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You should just check the email you used to sign up with to verify.
  12. Unknown8712

Unknown8712 New User

Steam:
    I've checked my email inbox (spam too), but I haven't got any message from SR. I think there is an error on the system.
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You show as registered.
  14. Unknown8712

Unknown8712 New User

Steam:
    Yep, but I haven't got any password, I'm trying to reset the password, but like I said before I don't get any email in my inbox from SR... Well, it doesn't matter, I'm logging in with my Steam account anyway. Thanks for your help.
    "SteamRep Forums. A password reset request has been emailed to you. Please follow the instructions in that email."
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Private message me email address, let me verify that is what you have on account.
  16. Unknown8712

Unknown8712 New User

Steam:
    Thanks, I've sent you a message.
  17. [G²] Disastrous

[G²] Disastrous New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18012397
    I randomly stumbled upon this place actually while I was just peeking through a friends profile where he linked a report that he got approved - anyway.
    I've been sitting here for the past hour or so just reading through reports & appeals, the amount of stuff to read here is pretty incredible.
    My question I guess would be, how do you guys manage to keep it cool & calm throughout dealing with tens of thousands of responses?
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Lots of experience
    [G²] Disastrous and Clive like this.
  19. Azesy

Azesy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:71301666
    when i want to report a scam it say i dont have permission
    "
    SteamRep Forums - Error
    You do not have permission to view this page or perform this action.
    "
  20. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We are aware of random issues with the site and are working on them.
    In the mean time you can always report the user to Valve for them to address it.