1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198393767685 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by duarte, Mar 2, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:88512117
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198393767685

Victim profile: 76561198137289962

What happened? Description:
    He added me right after I commented on a guys which is a trader profile saying that he was interested in the items I own, he offered me a Talon Knife in exchange but since I bought those gloves the day before we had to wait until today to trade so it was suspicious to me that he added me in the moment I commented in that trader profile and also the deal he was offering me was a bit of an overpay so I didn't trusted him.

After investigating for 20 minutes or so I found looking at his steamrep profile, well actually one of the historical snapshots taken because his profile it's private that he only had 3 friends which 3/3 were banned from steamrep, after that I just looked at the reports to see if he those profiles were just alt accounts of him and for my surprise I was right, the reports scam method and the way he writes shared a lot of things in common with this guy attempt

I checked the historical data of steamrep and this account was called ddz many times between 2017 and 2022, so talking about those 3 banned friends I want to focus in 1 of em in particular that was banned in this report:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    You will see that the impersonating account name was ddz as well, by that moment seeing all 3 accounts banned with similar wording and personality I realized that it was the same guy that has been banned like 15 times with multiple accounts (those 3 accs have more banned friends with similar scam methods and those banned friends also more banned friends in an endless spiral of alts)

So instead of blocking him right away or sending him all this info knowing he was an old scammer I just pretended to be alright with his offer and waited 7-8 days until today to know what kind of sketchy plan he had because I asked him before and he told me that he wasn't going to try anything weird.

Well basically he asked me to send him my trade offer link so he could link that to his dmarket account saying that he had $64k in funds in that page, I sent him my link and after that he came with an edited image of the site, he told me that the trade was "ready" in dmarket and that it was going to detect the trade I was gonna send him with all my items and in response was going to send me the trade with that knife.

So that is the point I wanted to reach before doing something, after that I tried to make him accept a trade for 3 of his items to have some kind of way to vinculate my acc with his account because this guy is a pro and he have everything in private and don't play or do anything that could get me a proof of friendship in the friends activity section (I forgot that I could get an snapshot of my account in steamrep made with him in my friends list :/)

After that I just told him I wasn't interested and knew he was trying to scam, he insta blocked me after that and I failed to get a proof that he was in my friends list, unless for the trade offer I sent to him which I hope that is enough to get him banned​

Provide Evidence:

this is the first one, his profile in an snapshot from 2022 with his name being ddz and in the friends section you will see an account named BLAZER LF

you'll see that he have 7 banned friends and all of them have been banned in similar circumstances, but lets hop into his report

in this report the victim includes the impersonating account info, and it clearly states that the name of that account was ddz, same as this scammer previous name, linking all those banned accounts with this guy, that is a resume because all those accounts have a lot of banned friends which also had the same ddz name and also have more banned friends, etc

I just took these pictures because I didn't read the rules of screenshots before so the ones I took before are useless :/ so it doesn't have the initial interaction when he added me, his name by that time was Puppy

more of the interaction, I tried to make him think I was going to do the trade

finally march 2 the day my items cool down expired

he asked for my trade link and send me that picture with the balance and an autotrade from dmarket or something like that

[​IMG]
    this is the thing he sent me

the moment of the scam attempt, he told me that he had some kind of autotrader that was going to recognize the empty trade with all my items for none of his items and sent me the knife automatically lol

[​IMG]
    it's insane the amount of effort this guy puts on make things look real, if he'd spend that time in an irl skill he wouldn't need to scam innocent people for a living, that makes me sick

here i sent him the trade offer with those 3 stickers to have a trade to link my account with him for the sake of the evidence but he refused to accept

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2023
  2. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    i couldn't add these because of the 15 files limit but in this one i show his id hovering his profile picture in his inventory with the stickers i tried to trade

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  4. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    and finally a proof that he blocked me

Attached Files:

5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please avoid embedding images in future posts - just need to upload.
    The blocking photo doesn't prove you were friends with this user during this event - that just means you blocked them.
    Please follow earlier directions.
  6. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    hey i don't know if you are a bot or something but I explained why I can't do that, he already blocked me and I can't find anything with his name in that section, it seems like he never did something that could appear in the friends activity feed
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Not a bot but I have to give you a chance to provide proper verification of being friends with this user during this time/date frame. If you can not produce it we can not review this as for all we know you are reporting the wrong user and an impersonator which has happened.
    I'll provide 24hours to present what was requested then will review report as is.
  8. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    Sorry I was just pasting the image in the text box
  9. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    ok but i have checked the the feed and he did nothing in that time, do you have another suggestion? I can record a video clicking on his profile, that will open it
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Don't review videos, but if you can verify in some form with proper screenshot requirements that you were friends with this user during the time/date for the chat logs then we can review - not started the review process yet as there is no need unless we verify you are reporting the correct user first.
    Review our screenshot guide and other links if you need more assistance.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  11. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    yeah i need help :/ theres no activity and I don't have an snapshot of that date with him in my friends list, do you have any other suggestion?
  12. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    but pls all the investigation I did have to mean something, there's proof of him having multiple account banned in steamrep, accounts are linked even, you can't ignore all that info
  13. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    guy has been reported before, just noticed it
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Please stay on topic/requested information - other reports are irrelevant to this one.
  15. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    please tell me this works

im clicking upload a file and then selecting it

I still have the chat open so if you have any other suggestion i'll follow it, also just contacted support and made a ticket asking for the information of my friend list changes in the last day

Attached Files:

16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    We don't review get friend message logs - it notes that in the link above that you were supposed to review prior to submitting the report.
    I'll check back tomorrow to see if you have the requested screenshots/verification.
  17. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
    is this what you asked for?

Attached Files:

18. duarte

duarte New User

Steam:
  19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Will review again soon - no need to reply again at this time or PM me.

Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Mar 12, 2023
    duarte likes this.
  20. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Hidden Content:
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2023
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.